We’re all guilty of saying some pretty dumb things from time to time. The left isn’t exempt. However, it seems like lately I’ve come across a lot of pretty idiotic things that conservatives have said and done, which has truly made me question my faith in humanity. Sometimes it feels like I’m in an episode of The Newsroom:
“Ideological purity. Compromise as weakness. A fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism. Denying science. Unmoved by facts. Undeterred by new information. A hostile fear of progress. A demonization of education. A need to control women’s bodies. Severe xenophobia. Tribal mentality. Intolerance of dissent. Pathological hatred of the U.S. government.”
Unfortunately, the truth is always stranger than fiction.
Also, for the purposes of this article, I am NOT referring to statements made by elected officials; these are quotes from random people who I assume are American, but can’t be certain. But, in all fairness, I will acknowledge that elected Democrats and Republicans have both said some pretty dumb things in the past. This, however, is NOT what this article is about.
Are we clear on that? Of course we’re not. Guaranteed at least one person (probably more) will post a Bidenism in the comments like, “”Look, John’s last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs.” So, I’ll save you the trouble – here’s a whole list.
Moving on… in no particular order…
1. The guy who lives in Texas but has no clue where the state capital is.
2. The woman who believes that 15,000 troops were capable of arriving in the US from Russia without every media outlet in the country covering the story.
3. The guy who 1st circulated this patently false rumor around the internet (and everyone else that believed it).
4. The Tea Party guy who wants to file a class action lawsuit against homosexuality.
5. The person who put this blatant lie on his van.
6. The woman who doesn’t understand the law… or that President Obama is not an OB/GYN.
7. The guy that clearly slept through civics class.Revenues (taxes) are raised and lowered by pieces of legislation that start as bills and then are passed into laws.
8. This guy…. ’nuff said.Posted on a conservative Facebook page.
9. The woman who thinks a pregnant, diabetic woman fainting while President Obama is speaking is a “mind control” conspiracy.