I’m often amazed at just how delusional many Republicans are about their own party. These are people who’ll literally profess how “pro-life” their party is just before bragging about how much they support the death penalty or talk about how they’re advocates for small government while supporting laws banning same-sex marriage.
The GOP is almost always in a constant state of hypocrisy, contradiction and flat-out denial. After all, this is the party that claims to be all about fiscal responsibility, yet hasn’t had a president from their party balance the budget since Eisenhower in the 1950’s.
But when you really break down some of the facts about the Republican party, you quickly start to see just how terrible they really are. And I’m not talking about ideological differences, I’m just talking about some of the basic facts about the party.
In fact, I thought I’d list 10 facts about the Republican party that Republicans really don’t want Americans to know.
1) All but one of the ten recessions we’ve experienced since 1953 began while a Republican was president.
2) While Republicans often like to point out that it was Democrats who started the Ku Klux Klan (which is true), they also like to ignore the fact that the KKK currently aligns with the GOP. In fact, Republicans in Louisiana elected David Duke – a white supremacist and former Grand Wizard of the KKK – to state office in 1989.
3) There were more African-American Republicans serving in Congress in 1871 (6) than there are today (3).
4) Between 2003-2011, Republicans didn’t have a single African-American representing their party in Congress.
5) Female Democrats in Congress outnumber female Republicans, 79-29.
6) Not only did the Reagan administration help arm the Islamist mujahidin fighters in Afghanistan (who would later go on to become the Taliban led by Osama bin Ladin), he also supported Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq War. And as we all know, we would later go on to fight wars in Afghanistan and Iraq against the Taliban and Hussein.
7) On George W. Bush’s watch, 7,199 people died in the 9/11 attack and the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
8) Most of the states that fought for the Confederacy, opposed women’s suffrage, supported segregation and opposed the Civil Rights Act are now “strongly Republican.”
9) When it came to reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act, every single “nay” vote came from the Republican party.
10) Both the Great Depression (1929) and the Great Recession (2008) began while a Republican was president.
Now, will pointing out any of these indisputable facts make even the slightest bit of difference to most of the Republicans who might come across this article? Probably not. None of this information comes from Fox News or any other conservative media site, so they’ll simply dismiss everything here.
Then again, when do facts really ever matter when it comes to Republicans? As I’ve said many times, Republicans live in a reality where the only things they really believe and trust are what they want to be real instead of what the actual facts tell us are real.
Thoughts, opinions, more facts? Feel free to hit me up on Twitter and voice your mind.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Tapper Lays Out a Key Argument for Why Many Believe Trump’s Being Blackmailed by Russia (Video) - March 22, 2018
- GOP Senator Hammers Trump for Making the U.S. Look Weak with Call to Congratulate Putin (Video) - March 21, 2018
- Former RNC Chair Rips GOP for Not Publicly Condemning Trump’s Love of Russia (Video) - March 21, 2018