Since it’s Halloween, I thought I’d throw together a quick list of 10 lies Republicans love to use to terrify Americans. Because let’s face it, nearly the entire Republican party platform is built upon blatant misinformation and lies. And the worst part is, millions of Americans actually believe this nonsense.
Well, let’s get started.
1) President Obama’s spending is out of control: Actually the president has reduced deficits by about $1 trillion over the last 6+ years.
2) ISIS is the biggest threat the United States has ever faced: Yes, they’re a threat that does need to be dealt with. But they’re not the “biggest threat” the United States has ever dealt with. The over the top fear mongering being pushed by Republicans about this group is almost comical at times. I would say Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia were slightly more dangerous and larger threats to this country.
3) Christianity is under attack: No, it’s not. The only thing that’s “under attack” is the unconstitutional way conservatives are constantly trying to force their religious views on others.
4) Obama is going to take away your guns: Well, after six years as president (with only two left), when exactly does he plan this massive gun confiscation?
5) “Obamacare” will eliminate millions of jobs: It’s comically ironic that the first year the Affordable Care Act really rolled out to most Americans, unemployment dropped below 6% and we’ve seen the best year for job growth since Bill Clinton was president.
6) President Obama is destroying our freedoms: Anyone who believes this please, tell me, what freedoms have you lost these last 5+ years? And I don’t mean your “right” to deny homosexuals the right to marry or control what form of birth control a woman you don’t know uses. I mean personal freedoms that you had prior to 2008 that you no longer have today.
7) The world has never seen the kind of chaos like we’ve these last 6+ years: Really? I beg to differ. WWI, WWII, the Korean War, the Cold War, nuclear missiles in Cuba, the Iran/Iraq War. The world has always been filled with chaos. Now with the internet, social media and 24/7 hour news that’s dependent on driving fear for ratings, we’re hearing about it much more often now.
8) Voter fraud is rampant: No, it’s not. In fact, even Republican-led investigations have concluded that actual legitimate voter fraud is so inconsequential and rare, the fact that this is even a topic being discussed in this country is comical.
9) Climate change is a massive liberal hoax: Yes, because scientists from all over the world have come together in an extensively elaborate plot to perpetuate the lie of human-made climate change… but there’s nothing at all suspicious about the fact that essentially every single one of the Republican party’s energy policies favors big oil; an industry that would lose hundreds of billions of dollars if we moved away from fossil fuels to greener forms of energy to try to combat climate change.
10) President Obama’s economy is destroying this country: Then why are there so many Republicans all across the country running for re-election citing the overwhelmingly positive economic numbers that have occurred within their states during the last 5+ years? Wait, I know how this one works. When the numbers are positive, that’s due to policies supported by Republicans. But when the numbers are negative, that’s all Obama’s fault. Pretty convenient, right?
Well I’ll go ahead and wrap this up. Hit me up on Twitter and let me know some of your favorite right-wing lies Republicans really want Americans to believe.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Dear Donald Trump: Yes, the Main Reason You Won is Because of Russia’s Help - February 20, 2018
- Fox News’ Smith Blasts Trump for Being Too Much of a Coward to Condemn Russia (Video) - February 19, 2018
- There’s Another Reason Trump Poses a Risk to Our National Security Which Few People are Discussing - February 19, 2018