Take for instance what’s going on in Oregon. Had a group of armed Muslims illegally taken over a federal building, threatening to “use force” or die in defiance of federal officials – this would be a full-blown terrorist event according to just about every conservative in this country. Fox News would be losing its mind. But because it’s a group of anti-government “militia” clowns (who are mostly white and I’m assuming Christian), they’re “patriots.”
It’s absolutely ridiculous.
The fact is, these criminals are domestic terrorists – at least based upon the FBI definition.
However, since so many conservatives seem to be rushing to the defense of these terrorists, I thought I’d list 10 questions I feel these folks should answer.
1. As I said earlier, if this were a group of armed American Muslims illegally occupying a federal building, threatening to use force against federal officials, would you not be calling them terrorists?
2. Under what authority do these people – most of whom aren’t from Oregon – have the right to travel to another state to break even more federal laws in defiance of a legal court order – as per our Constitution?
3. Considering the two individuals headed to prison don’t approve of what these terrorists are doing, nor did they verbally object to the sentencing in court themselves, what gives these people the right to “protest” on their behalf?
4. How is it “patriotic” to hate the very government that was created by the Constitution and threaten to potentially kill federal officials for legally enforcing the laws supported by that Constitution?
5. Can you explain how a bunch of random gun fanatics who self-govern themselves outside of any jurisdiction of the state constitute a “well regulated militia” whose purpose is to protect the “security of a free state” as defined by our Second Amendment?
7. In fact, since several of these “good guys with guns” have professed their belief that they’re willing to kill, if necessary, aren’t they now “bad guys” with guns?
8. What if this were a group of African-Americans protesting an unlawful police shooting who were threatening to kill police officers for removing them from occupying a building, would you call them “patriots”?
9. What gives anyone the right to feel they can disobey or overthrow the Constitutionally elected government I – and millions of other Americans – voted for and support?
10. Do you feel any group of “protesters” has the right to disobey any federal laws or unlawfully occupy federal buildings if they feel that they have the right to do so?
Featured meme via Quiet Mike
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump’s Rhetoric on DACA is a Textbook Example of How He Treats His Supporters Like Idiots - March 23, 2018
- Chris Cuomo Has Perfect Response When Kellyanne Conway Once Again Brings Up Clinton (Video) - March 23, 2018
- Tapper Lays Out a Key Argument for Why Many Believe Trump’s Being Blackmailed by Russia (Video) - March 22, 2018