Welcome to the eighth edition of my series titled “10 Questions Every Liberal Should Ask Every Republican.” As always, the premise is straight forward and simple. Every few weeks I write this feature with 10 new questions I believe liberals should present to their conservative counterparts to have them answer.
Though sometimes the questions aren’t exactly “questions” as much as they are statements I’d like Republicans to try to explain.
Well, let’s get to it.
1) Can you please describe the difference between a “bad guy with a gun” and a “good guy with a gun” if every single American is walking around openly carrying guns?
2) How can someone have the freedom of religion if we pass laws that are based on a religion that they do not follow?
3) If Saddam Hussein was still in power, would ISIS exist?
4) If the economy has been so terrible under President Obama, why is a jobs report showing we created 142,000 jobs in a month considered bad news?
5) Do you realize the tea party has more in common on many social issues (abortion, women’s rights, sex, birth control, homosexuality) with the Westboro Baptist Church and Islamic radicals than they do the average American?
6) If Fox News is so “fair and balanced,” can you name five Democrats that are prominently featured on the network?
7) If millions of non-Christians marry all around the world, how exactly is marriage defined by Christianity?
8) What exactly does the freedom for Americans to say what they want without fear of prosecution (aka the First Amendment) have to do with donating money to political candidates?
9) If new restrictive anti-abortion laws are really all about “protecting women’s health,” then why do conservatives oppose easy and affordable access to contraceptives that women often use to maintain their health?
10) Why, if your party feels that the Second Amendment is meant to keep the government fearful of its citizens, do Republicans constantly push legislation that seeks to add billions to our defense budget? The same defense budget which funds the military that the “armed militia” would have to fight against if they were to ever “rise up” against the federal government.
Alright, that’ll wrap up this edition. As always, hit me up on Twitter and let me know what you think.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Sanders Crashes and Burns When Asked Simple Question About Diversity of Trump Administration (Video) - December 14, 2017
- I’d Like to Address Mike Huckabee’s Laughable Insistence that Women Should Admire His Daughter (Video) - December 14, 2017
- Like the Spineless Coward That He is, Paul Ryan Appears Ready to Run Away and Hide From Trump - December 14, 2017