Wow, it’s been quite a long time since I’ve done one of these – though from here on out I’m going to do my best to make this a monthly feature.
Just as a refresher as to how this works, the premise is simple: I write 10 questions (or statements) I think liberals should present to their conservative counterparts to have them answer or explain.
But without further delay, let’s get this started.
1) If there are 5 people in a store, 4 who aren’t openly carrying a gun and 1 who is, and an armed criminal enters the store intent on committing a crime – who do you think that individual is going to shoot first:
- The 4 people who either don’t have guns or have them concealed. -or-
- The lone person (aka the most obvious threat) openly displaying theirs.
2) If a Republican had been elected president in 2008 and they then proceeded to: Create over 12 million private sector jobs in 5 years; presided over the best year for job growth since 1999; order the killing of the Osama bin Ladin; saw our stock market reach record highs; pass a law that led to lowest rate for Americans without health insurance in decades; reduce our deficit by over $1 trillion dollars; and cut our unemployment rate from 10% to 5.5% – all on the heels of the worst economic crash since the Great Depression – would you still consider that person the “worst president in history” or would you be branding them one of the greatest presidents of all-time?
3) While Fox News and the conservative media will have you believe that George Soros is some shady mastermind driving the Democratic party with his vast fortune (granted he’s worth $23 billion), do you realize that Charles Koch ($43 billion), David Koch ($43 billion) and Sheldon Adelson ($29 billion) are worth a combined $115 billion and are basically controlling everything the Republicans are doing in Congress?
4) Would you vote for a president who passed amnesty for undocumented immigrants; raised taxes; tripled the national debt; sold arms to one of our enemies; and negotiated with terrorists? Then why does your party worship Ronald Reagan?
5) If tax breaks are the only way to create jobs, as your party seems to believe, how would we continue to create jobs once tax rates reached zero or a level where they could no longer be cut?
6) If someone invented a cheap, clean and “green” way to power a car for 1,000 miles before needing to be refueled, being that they would stand to lose hundreds of billions of dollars, would big oil companies eagerly embrace this groundbreaking technology or would they lobby to make sure it was never allowed to be mass produced and used by society?
7) Do you understand that no matter how much you try to spin reality, history will always show that on George W. Bush’s watch more Americans died in combat than at any time since the Vietnam War and his polices brought us headfirst into the worst economic crash in nearly a century?
8) Since job creation hasn’t come crashing down, death panels don’t exist and there’s been absolutely no government takeover of our health care system, isn’t it time conservatives admit Republicans have been lying to them about “Obamacare” since the very beginning?
9) If income inequality wasn’t nearly the problem it is now in the 50’s and 60’s when our taxes were much higher, why now, with historically low tax rates, has it become an issue since the 80’s? Furthermore, how will giving the rich even more tax breaks fix it?
10) Your party seems to worship every last word spoken by Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, claiming President Obama is disrespecting one of our allies. Are you aware that when it comes to the negotiations over Iran’s nuclear program, several of our other allies such as Germany, the United Kingdom and France are also apparently ignoring Netanyahu as they work with the president to broker this deal with the Middle Eastern nation?