I don’t understand how anyone can rationally support someone like Donald Trump, but based on the current state of the modern day Republican party, I get why he has supporters. Conversely, when it comes to the Ben Carson surge, I absolutely do not understand it.
I really don’t.
Of all the candidates, both Democrat and Republican, Ben Carson is easily the most unfit and unqualified to be President of the United States.
I’ve spent dozens of hours reading articles on him, watching his interviews – practically doing anything I possibly could to figure out how anyone could listen to that man talk and think he’s someone who should lead this nation.
I never found my answer.
So that being said, I came up with ten questions I really need Ben Carson supporters to answer so that I can hopefully understand why anyone could want this man to be our next president.
1. We all know he’s a doctor, which is fine, but what actual qualifications does he have to hold the most powerful position in the entire world? Shouldn’t someone elected to the most powerful office in the land have at least a shred of experience working in government so that they know how to, um, govern?
2. Without the help of the Internet or any other aid, can you list five policies he supports and plans to implement if he’s elected president? Please, provide a few specifics.
3. Shouldn’t a president at least have some sort of foreign policy experience? Ben Carson has absolutely none. Moreover, do you honestly believe that Carson could correctly identify Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Pakistan on a map and name the leaders of each nation?
4. Do you really want to elect a president who not only doubts the theory of evolution, but believes evolution is something that was literally created by the devil?
5. I understand that many of his supporters admire how he isn’t politically correct, but are you aware that there’s a difference between being overly PC and being tactful, respectful and intelligent concerning how you phrase your comments? (Bonus fact: Nothing is like slavery except slavery. Why doesn’t Ben Carson seem to understand this?)
6. Don’t you find his Popeyes robbery story the least bit concerning? Weren’t his actions, if true, fairly cowardly?
7. You are aware that almost everything he says is a lie, correct? Including during the third debate when he said he had no ties to a company that’s been sued multiple times for suggesting that their bogus nutritional medicines can cure diseases such as heart disease, ADA and ALS.
8. Aren’t you concerned by his plan to put the government in charge of policing free speech on college campuses?
9. Did you know that his plan for health care is essentially just a really bad version of socialized medicine?
10. Do you not have a problem with supporting someone to be our next president who doesn’t even seem to understand the difference between the debt ceiling, budgets, deficits or our national debt?
Alright, well that will wrap this up. I look forward to seeing how Ben Carson supporters answer these fairly basic questions, and who knows, maybe I might finally understand why they support him. Unlikely, but it could happen.