Every so often I like to put together one of these articles outlining several questions I’d like Republicans (and more recently Donald Trump supporters) to answer. Not that I expect any sort of quality answers from most of these folks, but it is interesting to see the responses I get from those few brave souls who try.
So, let’s get started.
1. If Trump is completely innocent, as he claims, then why is he acting so defensive about the investigations into his presidential campaign and those associated with it? People who are innocent usually don’t worry about investigations aimed at “finding out the truth” because they want people to know the truth — that they’re innocent.
2. If Hillary Clinton had been elected, then reports surfaced indicating her son-in-law tried to setup a secret line of communication with Russia through their embassy, would you not care? It’s fairly comical the same people who acted like Clinton’s private email server was the biggest scandal in American history have downplayed reports that Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, tried to orchestrate a secret line of communication with the Russian government.
3. Considering Trumpcare plans to gut billions from Medicaid, drastically raise premiums on people 50 and over, and reduce subsidies, can you explain how that’s going to make health care “better, cheaper, and provide more coverage to more people” like Trump promised? This one is pretty self explanatory.
4. If the GOP is the party of “fiscal responsibility,” then why hasn’t a Republican president balanced the budget since the 1950’s? And you can’t blame Democrats for this considering Republicans have controlled most (if not all) of Congress for the majority of the last quarter century.
5. Don’t you find it odd that, of all countries, Russia is the only one which so many of Trump’s associates seem to have gone out of their way to contact secretly? It’s not as if Jared Kushner tried to set up secret lines of communication with other countries, just like Jeff Sessions didn’t disclose his meetings with other ambassadors — just Russia. Of course, aside from his ties to Russia which have been exposed over the last several months, Michael Flynn was also getting paid to make Turkey great again. So there’s that, I guess.
6. Speaking of secret meetings, if there’s nothing illegal or unethical taking place, why try to keep all these meetings and communications with Russian officials from being known publicly? It seems logical that if there’s nothing to hide, there wouldn’t be any need for Trump’s campaign and transition team to have done their best to hide all these interactions with Russian officials.
7. If Obamacare is so awful for Americans, and Republicans control all of Congress plus the White House, then why didn’t they repeal it months ago? Seriously, if the law is as terrible as Republicans claim, then why are they afraid to do a “full repeal” as they spent years promising to do?
8. How many campaign promises must Trump break before you admit his entire campaign was built on lies? Mexico isn’t paying for the wall, he’s not prosecuting Clinton, Trumpcare isn’t going to provide cheaper, better health care to more Americans, and he’s never going to release his tax returns. You can call that opinion and conjecture if you want, but these were huge campaign promises that Trump made while searching for votes during the election — and it’s plainly obvious that he was full of shit on each and every one of them.
9. Are you really going to claim that if Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton refused to release their tax returns; had numerous people around them caught secretly communicating with Russia; bashed U.S. intelligence reports that indicated Russia was behind a cyber attack against the GOP; was “elected” despite losing by 3 million votes; firing the head of the FBI for not putting an end to an investigation into their campaign; tried to obstruct justice by trying to get the now former head of the FBI to end an on-going investigation; and frequently lashed out at the congressional investigations into whether or not they might have committed treason… you’d be okay with all of that? Again, this one pretty much speaks for itself.
10. How many times must Trump call real news “fake” before you all realize practically every time he accuses a story of being fabricated, he’s completely full of crap? You all do realize that Trump doesn’t get to pick and choose what is or isn’t real based upon whether or not a story is positive or negative for him, right? Could’ve fooled me.
Alright folks, that’ll wrap up this list.