I’ve reached a point with Donald Trump where I don’t even know what to say anymore. To think, within just the last few weeks, we’ve had the Republican presidential candidate publicly encourage the Russian government to commit espionage against the United States and suggest that “Second Amendment people” could take things into their own hands if Hillary Clinton wins in November.
The truth is, his entire campaign has been filled with behavior and comments that have been so outrageous that I truly and honestly believe there’s nothing he can say or do that would cause his supporters to turn on him. As Trump alluded to a few months ago, those who support him really are mindless sheep.
Well, in the spirit of “What stupid comment will he make next?,” I thought I’d list a few questions I’d like Republicans to answer concerning their continued support for Donald Trump.
1. How can you possibly call yourselves a party that supports veterans when your candidate has mocked POWs, used veterans as pawns to stage a political stunt after skipping out on a debate because he couldn’t get a moderator removed and belittled the family of a fallen American war hero?
2. If Hillary Clinton were the one refusing to release her tax returns, would you be making excuses for her?
3. Considering Trump’s comments are being used by terrorists as a recruitment tool, and a growing list of national security experts from both the Democratic and Republican parties have called Donald Trump a national security risk, wouldn’t that make your candidate one of our nation’s biggest security threats?
4. How can you claim that Donald Trump should be our next president when a sizable chunk of your own party either won’t endorse him or has said they’re going to vote for Hillary Clinton?
5. What would you all be saying if a Democratic presidential candidate spoke highly of the Russian president, removed anti-Russian rhetoric from the party’s convention, and frequently criticized our NATO allies?
6. How many times do the party’s leaders have to rebuke or condemn something he’s said or done before you realize their “endorsements” of him are all fake and just for show?
7. What would your party be saying if the Democratic candidate was someone who had been divorced twice, had at least one adulterous affair, was on their third marriage, and had five kids from three different spouses?
8. How can you take a candidate seriously who claims he hates trade deals because they destroy American jobs — while most of his company’s products are made in other countries?
9. When I talk of a charismatic leader who preyed on hate and anger; vilified an entire religion; promoted nationalism; and often tried to attack and silence his detractors, doesn’t it bother you that I’m actually talking about Adolf Hitler – even though it sounds a lot like I was talking about Donald Trump?
10. What would Donald Trump have to say or do for you to stop supporting him? Seriously, name one realistic thing he would have to say or do that would make you say, “Enough is enough, I can’t do this anymore.”
While I’m sure I’ll get very few answers, I can promise everyone this much: the ones I do get are going to be absolutely ridiculous. Feel free to hit me up on Facebook or Twitter and let me know if you get any Republicans to actually answer these questions.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Rick Wilson Excoriates Trump Supporter: ‘Don’t You Dare Talk About Respect’ (Video) - March 17, 2018
- Everything Facebook’s Doing to Combat Fake News is Only Making the Problem Worse - March 16, 2018
- Fox News’ The Five Advocates Committing War Crimes, Denies Waterboarding is Torture (Video) - March 15, 2018