To this day I really don’t understand why some people have such negative feelings toward President Obama. While I’ll be the first to admit that he hasn’t been perfect, considering the circumstances he inherited and has had to deal with since becoming president, I think he’s done a pretty damn good job. Especially considering Republicans have tried to sabotage him at every turn.
I usually attribute it to three things:
- People forgetting just how bad things were when he was elected.
- Too many had unrealistic expectations as to what he could actually do without a Congress willing to help him do it.
- The conservative media has done a great job at filling our society with so much false information about him that most people can’t decipher fact from fiction.
So I thought I’d try to clear the air of some of the false information about the president and list 10 reasons why I’m thankful that Barack Obama is our Commander-in-Chief.
1. Because we’ve had continuous private-sector job growth every single month since March of 2010, creating well over 15 million jobs.
2. He sees sending in large numbers of American ground troops into a war – a war that would almost certainly result in heavy casualties – as a last resort, not the first option like many Republicans.
3. Since he signed the Affordable Care Act into law, millions of Americans have gained health insurance who would have otherwise gone without.
4. We avoided another Great Depression due in large part to the stimulus he passed in 2009 – with almost no support from the Republican party – that stopped the economy from spiraling even further out of control.
5. Despite all of the problems he faced entering office following the catastrophic Bush presidency, he’s still managed to reduce our deficits by over $1 trillion since he was elected. It’s the largest deficit reduction since WWII.
6. No matter what propaganda Republicans try to perpetuate about him, the truth is he’s outperformed Reagan on jobs, growth and investing.
7. LGBT rights have progressed further during his administration than under any other president in United States history, as proud gay Americans are now serving their country without fear of being kicked out of the military for their sexual orientation, and same-sex marriage is now legal in the United States.
8. Because he knows that we can’t call ourselves the greatest nation on Earth if we turn out back on thousands of desperate women and children fleeing a terrorist group that wants to slaughter them.
9. He knows that the greatness of the United States was built on hope, optimism and courage – not fear, hate and anger.
10. Our current unemployment hovers around 5 percent, lower than at any time during Ronald Reagan’s presidency. In fact, in 2014, we saw the fastest drop in unemployment in 30 years.
While there are many other reasons why I’m glad he’s our president, I’ll end it there. Like I said, I know he’s far from perfect, but considering the circumstances he inherited and the blatant Republican obstruction he’s had to deal with, I think he’s done a damn good job.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- NBA’s Gregg Popovich Rips Into ‘Soulless Coward’ Trump’s Disrespect for Slain Soldiers - October 16, 2017
- On Monday, Trump Continued His Appalling Pattern of Disrespect Toward Our Country and Military - October 16, 2017
- Fox News’ Latest Desperate Attack on Hillary Clinton Reaches a New Low - October 16, 2017