I’ve made it no secret that I simply don’t understand why so many people have such negative feelings toward President Obama. While I’ll be the first to admit that he hasn’t been perfect, considering the circumstances he inherited and has had to deal with since becoming president, I think he’s done a damn good job.
I usually attribute it to three things:
- People forgetting just how bad things were when he was elected.
- People had unrealistic expectations as to what he could actually do.
- The conservative media has done a great job at filling our society with such false information about him that most people can’t decipher fact from fiction.
So I thought I’d try to clear the air of some of the false information about the president and list 10 reasons why I’m thankful that Barack Obama is our Commander-in-Chief.
1. Because we’ve had continuous private-sector job growth every single month since March of 2010, creating over 13 million jobs.
2. Seven years into his presidency he hasn’t started any new wars, despite the fact that it would have been very easy for him to have done so several times by now.
3. Since he signed the Affordable Care Act into law, millions of Americans have gained health insurance who wouldn’t have been able to without it.
4. We avoided another Great Depression due in large part to the stimulus he passed in 2009 that stopped the economy from spiraling even further out of control.
5. Despite all that he’s had to fix following the catastrophic Bush presidency, he’s still managed to reduce our deficits by over $1 trillion since he was elected.
6. No matter what propaganda Republicans try to perpetuate about him, the truth is he’s outperformed Reagan on jobs, growth and investing.
7. LGBT rights have progressed further during his administration than under any other president in United States history, with proud gay Americans now serving their country without the fear of being kicked out of the military for their sexual orientation and same-sex marriage being legal in all 50 states.
8. During his presidency we’ve not only seen a rebound of our stock market, but stocks have broken multiple records throughout his presidency.
9. We saved the American auto industry, killed Osama bin Ladin and removed chemical weapons from Syria without firing a single shot.
10. Our unemployment rate is at 5% for the first time since before the economic crash of 2008.
And while there are many other reasons why I’m glad he’s our president, I’ll end it there. Like I said, I know he’s far from perfect, but considering the circumstance he inherited and the blatant Republican obstruction he’s had to deal with, I think he’s done a damn good job.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Fox News’ Smith Blasts Trump for Being Too Much of a Coward to Condemn Russia (Video) - February 19, 2018
- There’s Another Reason Trump Poses a Risk to Our National Security Which Few People are Discussing - February 19, 2018
- Trump’s Budget Steals From the Poor and Elderly to Make People Like Him Wealthier - February 18, 2018