There’s really no doubt at this point that Donald Trump is a vile human being. Even if half of the stuff he’s saying is nothing more than political rhetoric meant to pander to the lowest common denominator in this country, it still takes a special sort of scumbag to stoop to those levels just to gain admiration from bottom-feeders. But while I’ve definitely been appalled by a lot of what Trump has said, I still believe Sen. Ted Cruz is the most dangerous (and craziest) Republican candidate.
As a Texan, trust me when I say that Ted Cruz is every bit as vile, bigoted and hateful as Trump. He’s not as big of a blowhard, but he supports nearly every disgusting thing that Trump has said thus far.
The one thing Cruz is that Trump isn’t is a batshit crazy evangelical conservative. Let’s not forget that Cruz was raised by a father who believes there’s “nothing scientific about evolution” and that communism and evolution go hand-in-hand.
Essentially, Cruz is everything that’s deplorable about Trump along with being possibly the biggest religious radical of the whole bunch.
That being said, I thought I’d list 10 reasons why I think Cruz is the most dangerous (and craziest) Republican presidential candidate.
1. Following the recent Planned Parenthood murders, Cruz actually tried to claim that the domestic terrorist was a transgender liberal activist – even though there were confirmed reports from law enforcement officials saying that the shooter had used anti-abortion rhetoric taken directly from the mouths of Republicans such as himself.
2. He recently spoke at a rally where homosexuals were deemed satanic and compared to Satan.
3. He claimed that President Obama is pushing to bring Syrian refugees into the United States to “murder innocent Americans.”
4. In August, he tried to exploit the tombstones of dead soldiers to claim that religious freedom was under attack – something that was a flat-out lie.
5. He’s publicly said that the only way to save the United States is by turning it into a Christian theocracy. Oh, by the way, he said these comments to the American Family Association – an organization which is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
6. Following the Supreme Court’s decision on same-sex marriage, he essentially advocated ripping up the Constitution and repeatedly referred to the Court as “tyrannical” – because millions of Americans were granted their Fourteenth Amendment rights.
7. During the whole Jade Helm conspiracy idiocy pushed by crazy people who were literally burying guns in their backyards, he questioned the Pentagon, claiming that people had the right to be concerned because the government is not trustworthy.
8. During a speech last spring, his fear-mongering was so ridiculous he terrified a young girl in the audience.
9. He once boasted about the greatness of former Senator Jesse Helms, a renowned racist who supported apartheid in South Africa; frequently tried to block the appointment of African-American judges; tried to filibuster to block making a federal holiday honoring Martin Luther King Jr., and once called the University of North Carolina the “University of Negros and Communists.”
10. He has repeatedly, throughout his entire career as a senator, proven that he has no problem seeing this country burned to ashes if he thinks setting the fire would benefit him politically.
And that’s just 10 examples – trust me, there are plenty more showing just how dangerous Cruz is.
So, while Donald Trump gets most of the headlines, do not overlook Ted Cruz. While I don’t see him being taken too seriously nationally once the media sets their sights on him – exposing just how awful he is in the process – it is a testament to the continued radicalization of the GOP that he’s even risen to second place in the latest Republican polls.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump’s Rhetoric on DACA is a Textbook Example of How He Treats His Supporters Like Idiots - March 23, 2018
- Chris Cuomo Has Perfect Response When Kellyanne Conway Once Again Brings Up Clinton (Video) - March 23, 2018
- Tapper Lays Out a Key Argument for Why Many Believe Trump’s Being Blackmailed by Russia (Video) - March 22, 2018