Donald Trump is a legitimate moron. Anyone with even an ounce of common sense can watch how he acts, listen to him speak, and easily discern that he’s not a very intelligent person. Sure, he might have “street smarts,” and he might be great at bullshitting gullible people like most con artists, but when it comes to actual intelligence, Trump clearly isn’t a very bright individual.
Unless you ask him, of course. According to the man himself, he’s a “genius,” knows “the best words,” and is “like, really smart.”
Because it’s common for confident, well-adjusted adults who are actually intelligent to feel the need to brag about their intelligence where they send out a tweet proclaiming themselves to be “like, really smart.”
Let me just start off by saying that even if a very intelligent person were going to brag about their intellect — which most don’t do because they don’t need to — they wouldn’t say they’re “like, really smart.” That’s what an arrogant 12-year-old with a limited vocabulary would say.
Nevertheless, in the spirit of Trump’s proclamation that he’s a “really smart” and “stable genius,” I thought I’d run down 10 instances where he’s proven exactly how “intelligent and stable” he really is.
1. When he couldn’t find his giant armored limo after exiting Air Force One — that was literally parked right in front of him: If you haven’t seen the video, here it is:
I would say more, but I feel that the video speaks for itself.
2. His constant typos on Twitter, often using words that don’t exist (such as “unpresidented” instead of “unprecedented”), using the wrong versions of words (“wait” for “weight” or the wrong versions of “to, two, or too”), or the infamous covfefe incident: I’m not going to say that every intelligent person is great at spelling and grammar, but when you’re someone like Trump who doesn’t even seem to grasp an elementary level use of the English language, then obviously you’re not exactly that bright.
Though I’m still not sure what’s worse, the fact Trump doesn’t seem able to spell or that he doesn’t seem to understand that the red squiggly line underneath words is spell check.
3. Just a few weeks into his “presidency” he said he didn’t realize being “president” would be so hard: Here’s Trump’s actual quote:
This [being president] is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.
You don’t need to be a political expert to know that being president is, easily, one of the most difficult jobs in the world. I’m sure if you asked most middle school students if they thought being president was a hard job, the vast majority of them would assume it’s probably one of the most difficult positions anyone could hold. Yet Trump’s such a buffoon that he thought being CEO of a company would be more difficult than “president” of the United States.
4. Trump also declared that he was shocked fixing health care would “be so complicated”: Once again, here’s Trump’s actual quote:
Now, I have to tell you, it’s an unbelievably complex subject. Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Actually, practically everybody besides Trump and his supporters knew health care was extremely complicated — everybody.
5. Told a Gold Star widow that her recently killed husband “knew what he signed up for” — then repeatedly denied saying that even when Ms. Johnson publicly confirmed that he did: To say something like that to anyone who just lost a loved one in combat is appalling. The fact that Trump’s such a idiot that he actually uttered these words to a grieving widow shows how poorly his brain functions.
But then for Trump to continue to deny that’s what he told her, even as she publicly confirmed that he did, is flat-out sick. Either he’s a pathological liar who’s incapable of admitting the truth even when it’s indisputable (which is likely true), or he’s suffering from some sort of mental condition that’s causing him to not grasp what he’s saying, let alone remember that he said it (which could also be true).
Either way, no intelligent person with a healthy functioning brain says that — then denies it after the person they said it to confirms that’s exactly what they said.
6. During his first visit to Texas following the devastation left by Hurricane Harvey, he bragged about the size of the crowd of desperate people needing help and supplies who turned out to see him: Yes, he’s such a mentally sick person, he actually used a gathering people showing up desperately seeking help (food, water, shelter) after their lives had been destroyed to try to brag about the size of the crowd to make himself look good.
7. He doesn’t believe in exercise because he thinks the human body only has a finite amount of energy: As reported by CNN:
“Other than golf, he considers exercise misguided, arguing that a person, like a battery, is born with a finite amount of energy,” writes Evan Osnos in a piece entitled “How Trump Could Get Fired” that appears in the May 8, edition of the New Yorker.
He also considers giving speeches “exercise.”
Yes, this current “president” believes human beings are only born with a finite amount of energy and, like a battery, once it’s extinguished — that’s it.
That’s not only stupid, it’s insane.
8. Since he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton by nearly 3 million votes, concocted the insane conspiracy theory that “millions of people voted illegally,” then actually put together a recently disbanded “commission” to seek out this fabricated voter fraud: You can also throw his lies about the size of his inauguration crowd into this, as well. Think about how mentally unwell someone has to be that they can’t simply accept the reality that they lost a contest by nearly 3 million votes, or that someone’s inauguration crowd was bigger, that they have to blatantly lie and push conspiracies just so that they don’t have to admit that someone beat them or was more popular than they were. Intelligent, mentally stable people don’t do things like that — but Trump does.
9. When speaking in front of a CIA monument built to honor fallen agents, he proceeded to brag about his electoral college victory and attack the media for telling the truth about the fact his inauguration crowd was much smaller than Barack Obama’s: Once again, a mentally sound, intelligent person wouldn’t stand in front of a monument built to honor people who died for this country — then proceed to brag about themselves and push absurd conspiracies about the media.
10. Allowed state-run Russian media to come into the Oval Office — with electronic and photographic equipment — while denying access to the U.S. press, all at the request of Vladimir Putin: Nothing like letting “media people” representing a government-run network from a country that launched a sophisticated cyber attack against this country into the Oval Office with electronic and photographic equipment they could use to possibly extract secret information they couldn’t access otherwise.
I know, there are many more than just 10. I could have easily added so many more, such as his frequent rants on Twitter, bragging about the size of his nuclear button that doesn’t actually exist, or any number of other instances where Trump’s proven that he’s an unhinged, mental infant who has no business being “president,” but I will end it there.
Feel free to let us know others you think we should have added!
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- To Those Blaming Democrats for the Government Shutdown: You’re Out of Your Damn Minds - January 21, 2018
- Not a Joke: GOP Rep. Tries to Blame Government Shutdown on Barack Obama (Video) - January 21, 2018
- 5 Things the Government Shutdown Proves About Donald Trump and the Republican Party - January 21, 2018