Even though I’m not someone who puts a great deal of significance on a president’s first 100 days, I do recognize that it’s still politically significant. Especially when someone like Donald Trump puts out his big “Contract with the American Voter” propaganda outlining all of these bold promises he claimed he’d get done during his first 100 days — only to downplay the importance of that timeframe after his first few weeks in office turned out to be an absolute disaster.
Nevertheless, as the official “100 day” mark approaches, we’re all going to be hearing a lot about what he has or hasn’t accomplished.
So, in the spirit of this moment in politics, I figured I’d list 15 things I think Trump has really “accomplished” during his first 100 days in office.
1. He’s managed to become the least popular president in modern U.S. history with a record-low number of Americans approving of the job he’s doing at this point in his presidency.
2. He’s proven that he has absolutely no plan, or way, to make Mexico pay for his stupid border wall.
3. He’s pushed us closer to WWIII than we’ve been in decades.
4. He proved that he never had any sort of plan to “repeal and replace Obamacare” and that his political clout within his own party is so weak, he couldn’t even get the GOP-controlled House to pass Trumpcare with a simple majority vote.
5. He’s shown us that his administration is going to be a never-ending stream of him trying to take credit for anything positive, while never taking the blame for anything negative.
6. His incompetence on March 4th when he accused President Obama of illegally wiretapping him is what ultimately led to the FBI publicly admitting that his campaign is under investigation for possibly committing treason by colluding with Russia.
7. He proved that he’s nothing more than a con man by trying to take credit for the monthly jobs reports he once called “fake” and “phony.”
8. He’s turned the United States into a laughing stock where our allies don’t trust us, our enemies no longer fear us, and almost nobody respects us.
9. He’s accomplished being one of the biggest hypocrites ever elected to office, taking numerous golfing trips, and spending about half his weekends at his Mar-a-Lago resort — all after spending years attacking President Obama for golfing or taking a yearly Christmas vacation to Hawaii.
10. He’s on pace to spend more taxpayer money on “extracurricular activities” (personal travel, vacations, family trips) in his first 365 days in office than we did during the 2,922 days Barack Obama called the White House home.
11. He’s not managed to prosecute Hillary Clinton like he promised he’d do — though he admitted right after the election he’s not going to.
12. He managed to get through his first 100 days in office without taking a single trip to a foreign country.
13. He successfully managed to make it through his first few weeks in office without releasing his tax returns.
14. He managed to sign two executive orders banning travel into the United States from several Muslim countries that were both quickly overturned by federal judges.
15. He proved that everyone who felt he was unqualified and too incompetent to be president was absolutely right.
There’s plenty more I could have listed, but I think these are some of the biggest “highlights” to his first few weeks in office.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- The Simple Truth: Republicans Are Upset Trump’s Exposing Them for How Truly Awful They Are - January 18, 2018
- GOP Strategist Spells Out Why Robert Mueller Subpoenaing Bannon Should Terrify Trump - January 17, 2018
- I’d Like to Address Rand Paul’s Absurd Comment on Donald Trump’s Racism (Video) - January 15, 2018