I know what many of you are saying, “Why limit this list to just five”? Well, for the sake of time really. Hardly does a day go by where Republicans aren’t caught making absolute fools out of themselves. So, the reality is this article could be well over 300 examples long. But to keep it more “readable,” and less cluttered, I decided to keep it to the 5 best examples where a Republican (or Republicans / conservatives in general) absolutely embarrassed themselves.
Alright, let’s get to the list.
5. An Indiana Republican suggested that the reason why so many Americans rely on government assistance to survive is that no one has the courage to let them “wither and die”:
4. Fox News’ Eric Bolling champions the “success” of the Japanese internment camps as an example of how profiling Muslims could work for the United States:
- Fox News Finally Loses It: Uses ‘Success’ of Japanese Internment Camps to Advocate Profiling Muslims (Video)
3. Sarah Palin and her family were exposed after an official police report concerning a late night drunken brawl they were involved in showcased anything but “good Christian values”:
2. Well respected fact-checking site Politifact found that in their investigations of claims made on Fox News, the network only told the truth 18 percent of the time:
1. In their pathetic attempt to try to play partisan politics, Senate Republicans actually blocked a bill that would have expanded health and education benefits for our veterans:
I’m not going to lie, this wasn’t exactly easy. Like at said at the beginning, this list could have been much longer. Republicans embarrass themselves so often throughout a calendar year that narrowing these kinds of instances down to just the top 5 does take a little bit of work. Though I do believe these 5 examples showcase a well-rounded picture of the hypocrisy, ignorance, dishonesty and pathetic partisanship that drives the GOP.
And I’m absolutely sure that in 2015 we’re primed for even more nonsense from Republicans as they’ve been given even more power in Congress, and they’ll be starting to gear up for 2016.
But no matter which side of the political aisle on which you stand, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Thanks for reading my viewpoints and putting up with my shenanigans, I appreciate every one of you.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump’s Budget Steals From the Poor and Elderly to Make People Like Him Wealthier - February 18, 2018
- Trump’s Infrastructure Scam Amounts to a Massive Tax Hike on Poor & Middle Class Americans - February 18, 2018
- People Who Elected a Reality TV Star Want Athletes to Stop Discussing Politics - February 17, 2018