If you’ve paid attention to any news over the last couple of days, you’re probably well aware of the fact that Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are currently fighting over each others’ wives. Because why the hell not, apparently. These people have no worthwhile ideas for our nation so they’d rather turn our presidential election into a sleazy reality television flop.
To be fair, an anti-Trump group started this latest bit of nonsense by trying to “shame” Melania Trump, suggesting that she wasn’t fit to be First Lady because she had once posed for nude photographs. So it wasn’t Cruz’s campaign itself that was directly linked to the distasteful attack.
Well, Trump being Trump, he responded in the only way he knows how – by being petty, disgusting and proving what a lowlife he is by posting a rather unflattering picture of Heidi Cruz alongside his wife, essentially calling Cruz’s wife ugly.
Naturally, Cruz was none too happy with Trump’s response, calling the leading presidential candidate a “sniveling coward” and telling him to leave his wife “the hell alone.”
Of course Ted Cruz has the right to defend his wife and I’m definitely not endorsing Trump’s pathetic behavior, but I can’t help but view the Texas senator as nothing but a hypocrite when it comes to all of this. Especially considering some of the company Ted Cruz keeps, embraces or defends.
Here are 5 examples putting this hypocrisy on full display:
1. He spoke at a rally where the pastor who introduced him called homosexuals satanic and has accused the Girl Scouts of promoting lesbianism: So, it’s okay for a pastor to call millions of gay people satanic, obviously suggesting that they’re going to burn in hell, but apparently he thinks it’s “over the line” to suggest his wife isn’t attractive. I guess Trump should have just said she’s satanic and will spend eternity in hell – then Cruz might have been okay with that.
2. Cruz defended the endorsement of a pastor who said that Adolf Hitler was a “hunter” sent by God to kill Jews for not converting: Listen, you can’t help who endorses you, but you can choose to reject that endorsement. Not only did Cruz not reject this vile pastor’s endorsement – he defended it. Apparently his wife’s looks are “off-limits,” but it’s okay for him to associate with someone who preaches anti-Semitism.
3. He loved it when Donald Trump called millions of Mexican immigrants “rapists and criminals”: How many millions of wives, daughters, husbands, sons, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, aunts and uncles were called “rapists” and “criminals” by Trump back when he announced his candidacy for president? That was perfectly acceptable to Cruz. He called him “terrific” for it and said he “speaks the truth”! Who cares, right? They’re just “illegals” – not actual human beings. Would Cruz call somebody “terrific” for calling his wife a criminal or a rapist?
4. Remember that time his father said that President Obama should “go back to Kenya”?: So, to Ted Cruz, Donald Trump is a “sniveling coward” for mocking the looks of his wife – but it’s okay for his father to use blatant racism against our current president?
5. Even though he knew Trump has called women “fat pigs” in the past – he called himself a “big fan of Donald Trump” in July: Again, even though Trump had a well-known history of disparaging comments about women, including calling them “fat pigs,” that didn’t stop Cruz from saying that he was a “big fan of Donald Trump.” Not only that, he praised the “bold and brash” voice he brought to the presidential race. You know, the same guy he now says doesn’t have the temperament to be president.
While I agree Trump’s jab at Cruz’s wife was despicable, for Cruz to be “outraged” over this is pure hypocrisy. Ted “I’m a big fan of Donald Trump” Cruz clearly didn’t have a problem with Trump’s nasty sexism, bigotry and ignorance just a few months ago. In fact, it wasn’t until Trump directed his idiocy toward Cruz that the Texas senator finally found Trump “offensive” and unfit to be president. On top of that, as I’ve shown, Cruz has a long history of embracing horrible people who say terrible things about millions of human beings.
So, the next time Ted Cruz wants to call someone a “sniveling coward,” maybe he should look in the mirror. Donald John Trump is certainly a vile human being, but Rafael Edward Cruz is a thousand times worse.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- John Kelly Has Disgraced Himself, this Country and Our Military - October 21, 2017
- New Disgusting Report Exposes Fox News as the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Cable News - October 21, 2017
- For the Second Time, Trump Accuses Family of Fallen Hero Sgt. La David Johnson of Lying - October 20, 2017