Add another clown’s name to the circus – Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has announced that he’s going to run for president in 2016. Because the Republican party really needed another candidate who stands absolutely no chance at winning the party’s nomination.
To be fair, Graham is the first Republican candidate who isn’t completely terrible. He’s at least been one of the few Republicans who realizes his party needs to get more than “just the white vote” and has been fairly moderate, even borderline progressive at times when it comes to immigration reform.
That being said, he’s still a Republican and has said plenty of incredibly dumb things in his career. Being moderately progressive on one issue does not negate the fact that he’s you’re typical Republican when it comes to almost everything else.
So I thought I’d list five Lindsey Graham quotes showing why he has absolutely no business being considered for President of the United States.
1. Back in March, Graham said that if he were to become president, he would “literally use the military” to keep lawmakers in Washington until they voted to reverse defense spending cuts. And nothing says “I’m for freedom and our Constitution” like claiming you would use the military to act like a dictator until Congress did what you wanted.
2. After a Republican-led investigation of Benghazi concluded that none of the right-wing conspiracies his party has been pushing since 2012 were true, he went on CNN and essentially threw a hissy fit because the facts found during the Republican-led investigation didn’t support his party’s propaganda.
3. He essentially called Sen. Elizabeth Warren immature and said she was the problem in Washington because she’s dared to call out Wall Street, big banks and rampant corruption within our financial sector. How childish and problematic of her, right?
4. He really likes war – a lot. Last year he said the “world is literally about to blow up” while expressing his disgust toward the president’s handling of ISIS. Not only that, but he still seems to believe that the war in Iraq was a good idea and if he were president right now he would have likely sent our military into Libya, Syria, and they would definitely be on the ground in Iraq fighting ISIS. Oh, and he really wants war with Iran, as well. War for everybody!
5. He literally argued that the reason why we need assault weapons in this country is so that if there’s some sort of cataclysmic apocalypse, Americans will be properly armed to deal with “gangs roaming around neighborhoods.” Yes, because we all need a president who bases his policies on situations that sound like the plot of the next Michael Bay action movie.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trey Gowdy Rips Trump on Fox News: If You’re Innocent, Stop Acting Like You’re Guilty (Video) - March 18, 2018
- Trump Laughably Forced Staffers to Sign Unconstitutional Non-Disclosure Agreements - March 18, 2018
- Rick Wilson Excoriates Trump Supporter: ‘Don’t You Dare Talk About Respect’ (Video) - March 17, 2018