Despite the fact that I know the type of people who support Donald Trump, the “whys” behind their belief that he should be our next president are what baffle me the most. For someone to honestly believe that Trump is competent takes the sort of willful ignorance that only exists in those special few people who’ve decided facts, reason and reality no longer matter.
Throughout the past year, I’ve asked many of these folks why they support such a ridiculous candidate. Typically, the answers I get are fairly absurd.
So, I thought I would run down 5 of the most ridiculous reasons why people support Donald Trump.
1. He tells it like it is: This is, by far, the most popular response I get from people. They seem to mistake being crude and loud with being honest, ignoring the reality that Donald Trump is the most dishonest person to ever run for president. This is someone who doesn’t simply twist facts, he literally just makes things up.
2. He’ll put America first: Really? Then why are most of his various company’s products made in other countries? He didn’t have to outsource those jobs — he chose to because it benefitted his businesses. It’s amazing to me how someone who’s running on the pretense that he’s going to bring jobs back to this country is a business owner who’s outsourced jobs to exploit cheap labor, and the sheep who follow him don’t seem to understand how ridiculous that is.
3. He’s going to be tough on immigration, deport illegal immigrants and build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico that the Mexican government will pay for: For Trump to do most of what he’s saying he’s going to do requires a lot of cooperation from Congress which he’s never going to get. Not only would every Democrat in Congress oppose him, but so would many Republicans. Furthermore, as John Oliver brilliantly pointed out a couple of months ago, the logistics and costs of building his stupid wall aren’t even feasible. Even former Texas Governor Rick Perry has said that there’s no way he’ll be able to build his wall. And if anyone honestly thinks he’s going to find a way to make the Mexican government pay for it, you’re an absolute idiot.
4. He’s not an elitist like Hillary Clinton: Nothing says “I have no idea what I’m talking about” quite like claiming that a self-proclaimed billionaire white male who was raised by a wealthy family and has put his name on practically everything he’s owned is not an “elitist” — while a self-made woman who’s spent most of her life as a public servant and has overcome incredible obstacles as a female in a still very sexist society… is. If Donald J. Trump isn’t an elitist, then I don’t know who would actually qualify to carry that title.
5. He’s a tough guy/alpha male who won’t take crap from nobody: Actually, Donald Trump is one of the most thin-skinned, not-at-all alpha male presidential candidates I’ve ever seen. This is someone who’s so insecure he had to defend the size of his hands (and penis, by the way); routinely lashes out at practically anyone who criticizes him; has built a career off bullying people who speak out against him; and tries to overcompensate more (for what, I have no idea) than any human being I’ve ever witnessed. A true “tough guy/alpha male” would be confident enough to not let typical political criticism bother him — but not Trump. Instead, he throws temper tantrums on Twitter, refuses to participate in presidential debates and constantly whines to anyone who’ll listen to him whenever he feels he’s not getting his way. The truth is, Donald Trump is probably the weakest and most insecure person I’ve ever seen run for political office.
While there are plenty more I could cover here, I’ll stop for now.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Former RNC Chair Rips GOP for Not Publicly Condemning Trump’s Love of Russia (Video) - March 21, 2018
- CNN’s John King Slams Trump’s Spelling and Grammar: ‘Fails a Third-Grade Test’ (Video) - March 21, 2018
- Jake Tapper Hilariously Mocks Trump’s New ‘Deep State Conspiracy’ Lawyer (Video) - March 19, 2018