Like many reading this, since Donald Trump launched his campaign, I’ve lost friends over heated exchanges concerning the most incompetent person to ever be elected president in this nation’s history.
Usually I try to be more tactful in my political debates — but not when it comes to Trump. For me, there’s no “gray area” or “middle ground” when it comes to him. He’s a con man, a pathological liar, a racist, a bigot, a sexist, completely incompetent and extremely dangerous.
Donald Trump’s entire political existence has been such an absolute, disgusting circus that I’ve lost the ability to show those who support him any respect.
1. They’re supporting a man who’s proudly backed and praised by Nazis, white supremacists, the KKK, David Duke, a serial-killing Russian tyrant and a dictator who used chemical weapons on women and children: This is a point I’ve made on several occasions (I even made a video commenting on it). If you knew nothing about the 2016 election besides the fact that there was one candidate who was praised and supported by Nazis, a former Grand Wizard of the KKK, the actual KKK, a Russian tyrant who’s had people murdered, and a Syrian dictator who used chemical weapons on women and children — would you support that candidate? When have those types of people ever been on the right side of history? It simply doesn’t happen.
Yet, here his supporters are, proudly on that side of history with those types of horrific and disgusting individuals.
2. They deny facts and reality to an extent that I’ve only seen among people brainwashed by a cult: I’ve had countless political debates with people throughout my life, but I’ve never dealt with anything like the average Trump supporter. When using indisputable video or audio evidence to debunk one of Trump’s many lies has absolutely no impact on what someone believes, that’s borderline insanity. I’ve had Trump supporters deny that he’s said or done something that he’s literally on video saying or doing. That or they’ll claim I took it out of context — when I used his full quote verbatim.
It’s like I’m living in an episode of The Twilight Zone where the rules that normally govern society no longer exist.
3. He belittled veterans. bragged about being a sexual predator and mocked a man with disabilities: While there are any number of horrific and disgusting things Donald Trump said and did throughout his campaign which I feel disqualify him to be this nation’s leader, belittling POWs in a pathetic attempt to attack Sen. John McCain; mocking a disabled reporter as he tried to defend his blatant lie about 9/11; and bragging about being a creepy sexual predator are three things that should automatically prevent anyone from holding elected office — especially the presidency.
His supporters can spin those three things however they like (and they have), but he did all of that and they still proudly voted for him. That’s flat-out shameful and embarrassing.
4. Not only do they deny facts and reality, the truth is, many of them simply don’t care: While many Trump supporters I’ve encountered seem willfully ignorant about the many disgusting truths about him, there are some who simply don’t care. I’ve had quite a few tell me they don’t care if all these vile things about him are true, they support him anyway. They prove that Trump was right when he called his supporters mindless sheep who’d support him no matter what he did.
(To get an idea of exactly what I’m talking about, here’s a prime example of the type of person to which I’m referring.)
5. I refuse to respect anyone who supports a traitor to the United States of America: Our entire intelligence community has said that Vladimir Putin ordered an attack against the United States in a direct attempt to undermine our democracy, then used Wikileaks as his own personal political weapon to target Democrats and Hillary Clinton. The NSA, CIA, and FBI have all said that Russia was behind the hacking of the DNC and Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
Yet, despite all of this, Donald Trump has gone after and criticized U.S. intelligence officials, while defending and praising the enemy who ordered an attack against us.
When you’re an American (especially a president) who believes and defends the lies of a Russian dictator, while doubting and attacking our own intelligence officials, that’s a betrayal of your country.
And I will not respect anyone who backs a traitor simply because they’re a member of the party they support.
While there are many… many more reasons I could have listed here, these are some of the main reasons why I simply cannot respect those who support one of the biggest mistakes this country has ever made. I will never call Donald Trump, a man who defends our enemies, President of the United States.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- John Kelly Has Disgraced Himself, this Country and Our Military - October 21, 2017
- New Disgusting Report Exposes Fox News as the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Cable News - October 21, 2017
- For the Second Time, Trump Accuses Family of Fallen Hero Sgt. La David Johnson of Lying - October 20, 2017