As most of us know, one of the biggest controversies swirling around right now concerns a report put together by a former MI6 British spy who was first hired by Republicans, then later Democrats, that alleges Putin has information he plans to use to blackmail and compromise Donald Trump. On their own, these allegations would be incredibly alarming. However, when you factor in how pro-Russia Trump’s been, plus how defiant he’s continued to be about saying anything truly negative about Russia, that’s when this talk of treasonous collusion between Russia and our next president seems much more plausible.
After all, if Russia does have dirt on Trump, and he’s aware of it, that would help explain his
unpresidented unprecedented praise and defense of Russia and its quasi-dictator Vladimir Putin.
And just like I absolutely believe Trump’s betrayed this country, I have no doubt that Russia most likely has information on Trump which they plan to use to compromise him as president.
1. There’s no reason for this ex-British spy to have made any of this up: By all accounts, this man is someone who’s highly respected by those in the intelligence community. He’s also someone whom both Republicans and Democrats felt was trustworthy and credible enough to do an investigation (Republicans dropped it after Trump had clinched the nomination) into any possible links between Trump and Russia.
So, why would a highly-respected person in the intelligence community ruin his reputation by fabricating a report about a presidential candidate most didn’t think would even win? Furthermore, why would he literally put his life on the line (he’s now apparently gone into hiding) to put together a fake report that he almost certainly had to know, if released, would expose his identity to very dangerous people?
There’s absolutely nothing “in it” for this man to have made this up. Especially considering none of this came out until after the election.
Which brings me to my next point…
2. If this were really nothing more than a “fake/phony” story meant to undermine Donald Trump, it would have come out before the election: Members of the media and some government officials knew this information existed before the election. Many on the left have been wondering why it wasn’t made public months ago considering these are some very serious allegations against Donald Trump which voters should have been made aware of before the election.
If anything, the fact that this report didn’t come out until well after the election actually seems to prove it’s not some “fake/phony” attempt to slander Trump. If that were the case, it would have been made public back in October when it could have possibly been used against him to keep him from becoming president.
3. The report doesn’t entirely paint Donald Trump in a negative light: While this report is undoubtedly horrible and very embarrassing for Donald Trump, it actually says that he rebuked several attempts by Russia to bribe him with very lucrative business deals. If this were really nothing but a “fake” report meant to bring down Trump, then it almost certainly would have included him agreeing to Russian bribes. That would have played right into the fears many have about him concerning conflicts of interest between his businesses and his role as president.
Furthermore, the rather disgusting details (I think we all know what I mean by that) aren’t something someone would just make up. If you’re going to fabricate story to embarrass someone that you want people to actually believe, one of the basic rules is you don’t go too overboard with the details. Especially if you’re wanting this to become a national headline. Based on what this report says happened, those are sexual details that are really difficult to discuss on major news networks.
4. Long before this report ever came out, people had already assumed Putin had dirt on Trump: While many within the mainstream media are acting as if allegations of Russia having information they hoped to use to blackmail a “President Trump” (which is part of the reason why they wanted him to win) are new — this is something many of us on the left have been talking about for a very long time now.
Even before we knew much about the cyber attack against the DNC and Hillary Clinton’s campaign, many assumed a big reason why Trump refuses to show his tax returns is because he could very well owe money to Russia (among other nations, too). Then as we started to learn more about this cyber attack, it became very clear that Russia was behind it and the most pro-Russia presidential candidate in U.S. history was the only person benefitting from it.
Then when this report came out, it was essentially a confirmation of exactly what many of Trump’s critics had already assumed was true. That part of the reason why Russia was so interested in helping elect Trump — and why he’s been so pro-Russia throughout his entire campaign — is because Putin has information he hopes to use to leverage a “President Trump” into supporting policies that are in Russia’s best interests — not our own.
5. The way Donald Trump has reacted to all of this: Donald Trump is a pathological liar who has a well-documented history of lashing out at those who call him out. He’s also notorious for citing ridiculous conspiracies whenever he’s desperate and doesn’t know how else to defend himself. Nearly every single time Trump is afraid of people finding out the truth about him, he takes to Twitter to bash anyone who’s criticized him and to claim there’s some sort of conspiracy against him.
It’s like clockwork.
Everything about Trump’s reaction to this tells me that he’s terrified. He’s doing whatever he can to cast doubt on any information that might expose the truth about him — because that’s what liars who are caught lying do.
But above all else, the one thing that makes me thinks these allegations are true is watching how Trump’s reacted each and every time he’s been called out on a lie. From lashing out at Gold Star parents, to bringing Bill Clinton’s alleged mistresses to a presidential debate, when he’s trying to distract people from focusing on the truth about him, he goes to ridiculously desperate lengths to make the story about anything else except what a scumbag he is.
That’s exactly what he’s doing right now.
When you add all of these reasons up (and even a few others I didn’t list), in my opinion, they’re all clear signs that the allegations in this report that Russia has information on Donald Tump it hopes to use to compromise him are most likely true.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump’s Biggest ‘Accomplishment’ is Taking Credit for Obama’s Economy - January 19, 2018
- A Message to Any Fool Trying to Blame Democrats for a Possible Government Shutdown - January 19, 2018
- Donald Trump Should Be Embarrassed After Farcical ‘Fake News Awards’ Spectacularly Backfire - January 19, 2018