We all know Donald Trump is the most incompetent and unfit person to ever be elected to the White House. That’s a fact that’s been dissected and discussed countless times. But I wanted to take a moment to run down a few reasons why his former campaign manager, and new “counselor to the president” (whatever the heck that means), Kellyanne Conway is just as bad as her boss.
1. She’s every bit the pathological liar that Donald Trump is: While her Politifact file isn’t extensive, it’s still not good. Let’s face it, just like Trump, Conway seems to make things up as she goes. From calling outright lies “alternative facts,” claiming Russia didn’t want Trump elected, to fabricating non-existent terrorist attacks in Bowling Green, Kentucky, she tries to sell almost as much conservative fan fiction as he does.
2. She’s a female – and mother to a daughter – who helped elect a self-admitted sexual predator and womanizer: I’m not saying she had to support Hillary Clinton because she’s a woman, but to have stuck with Trump after that video surfaced is appalling. How can a woman (or anyone for that matter) look her daughter in the eye and say you helped elect a man who bragged about sexual assault to the most powerful position on the planet?
3. In a 2013 video, she said women wouldn’t get raped if they were stronger: No, I’m not joking, here’s the proof:
— Bryan Dawson (@BryanDawsonUSA) November 6, 2016
According to stats, about 1 in 10 rape victims are male. So, if it’s really just about “strength,” then why are 10 percent of victims males? The sheer ignorance of her statement is unconscionable. I wouldn’t quite call it outright “victim blaming,” but it’s pretty damn close.
How about this: The only reason it exists is because there are monstrous parasites out there committing these heinous acts of violence — period.
4. She once said that people only liked Hillary Clinton after Bill treated her like a doormat, and questioned her ability to stand up to world leaders since she couldn’t stand up to a cheating husband: During a 2005 interview, she said:
The fact is that Hillary Clinton could not stand up to a cheating husband, so how in the world would she stand up to North Korea and some of our enemies around the globe?
In 2004, she said “people feel sorry for Clinton,” claiming that “pity and sympathy” made her popular because nobody liked her “until her husband treated her like a doormat.”
Keep in mind that the same woman who said those things went on to help elect a man who’s had at least one affair and bragged about trying to have another (with another married woman, no less), while also bragging about being a sexual predator.
Say what you want about some of the disgusting things Trump said about Clinton during the campaign, but none of them are worse than what Conway has said about her in the past.
5. She knows how awful Donald Trump is, yet defends him for many of the same things she once attacked him for: Based on Conway’s comments about Trump, she knows exactly how terrible he is. In the past she’s:
- Attacked him for “building his businesses on the backs of the little guy.”
- Mentioned the “victims of Trump University,” clearly indicating she knew the “school” was a scam.
- Called him out for not releasing his tax returns.
- Criticized him for the childish way he calls people names when attacking them.
- Said serious people wouldn’t actually vote for Trump because they’d see through him.
- Attacked Trump for getting “20,000 people at a rally” to cheer by “saying things that aren’t true.”
- Mocked him for whining about being asked tough questions by CNN.
Yet, she now defends him for all of that.
Donald Trump is absolutely awful — but he doesn’t believe he is. Kellyanne Conway, based on her own words, knows exactly how terrible he is, but chose to help him get elected and now defends him for many of the same things she once called him out on.
If I have to choose between who’s worse:
- The person who doesn’t really think they’re incompetent, unfit, or unqualified for the presidency. — or —
- The person who knows someone is too incompetent, unfit, and unqualified for the presidency, but backs them anyway.
I’m going to say the person defending the mentally unhinged man-child, helping him destroy this country every single day, is the worst of those two.
While I could have listed a few more things, I’ll wrap it up here.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Even if Trump Didn’t Collude with Russia, There’s Another Major Reason He Should be Impeached - December 16, 2017
- Here are Some Numbers That Will Send Trump and His Hardcore Supporters into a Rage Spiral - December 15, 2017
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Embarrasses Republican Congressman Trying to Slander Robert Mueller (Video) - December 15, 2017