One would think that a group of people who support someone like Donald Trump and view him as a “tough-talking, alpha male” would be a little — tougher. Then again, much like the orange buffoon himself, his supporters are frauds.
Sure, they love it when Fox News spent years running down Barack Obama for everything from putting his feet on a desk, to saluting a Marine while holding coffee, or when Trump lashes out at people they oppose, but if you dare offend them, watch out. For a bunch of folks who whine about the “sensitive, liberal PC culture” they can sure throw one heck of a hissy fit if you dare criticize good ol’ Donny.
If you haven’t heard, over the Fourth of the July holiday, Trump supporters apparently had a bit of a meltdown after NPR tweeted out, line by line, the Declaration of Independence. What makes this particular spectacle rather hilarious is, despite these people assuming this was some sort of a partisan attack against Trump, this is a tradition NPR has had in some form for 29 years.
Though this doesn’t surprise me as I’ve seen firsthand how sensitive and insecure Trump supporters can be. In all my years following and discussing politics, I’ve never seen a group of people as fragile and delicate as they are. Again, that’s rather interesting considering many of these same folks spent years pushing absurd conspiracies and hate at Obama to such an extent that, even today, many still believe he’s a Muslim who wasn’t born in the United States and ordered his college transcripts sealed because he never truly graduated from college.
Their stupidity is palpable.
So, I thought I’d run down five reasons why Trump supporters are such delicate and fragile little snowflakes.
1. They’re bullies: It’s not a shock that a bona fide bully like Donald Trump would attract millions of other bullies just like him. And like most bullies, while they’re more than willing to aggressively bash and attack others, they’re usually the biggest cry babies whenever someone pushes back against them. The same people who follow and support wretched human beings like Rush Limbaugh, Ted Nugent, and Alex Jones — get really, really offended whenever someone says anything critical about “The Donald.” Even if you’re using his exact words to prove what a lying, hypocritical moron he is.
2. Ignorance: It’s not exactly surprising that Trump’s supported by some of the least educated people in the country. Not that a college degree is the only measurement by which intelligence should be judged, but it’s not a coincidence that the more educated someone is, the less likely they’re going to be a Trump supporter. And it’s not just education; when it comes to general knowledge about the world, our country, or even how our own government works, Trump supporters are often the least factually informed. Once again, it’s not a coincidence that people who are the least factually informed eagerly rushed to support the most dishonest person to ever run for president. That ignorance is a driving force behind the over-the-top hostility we see from so many of his supporters whenever anyone questions him on anything.
3. They’re paranoid and buy into conspiracy theories: We’ve reached a point in society where millions of people (both on the left and the right — though much more on the right) are now seeking out and buying into ridiculous conspiracy theories to justify something they want to be true when facts don’t support it. In their minds, pointing out facts about Trump, because most are so incredibly negative, is “unfair” and “showing bias” against him. When the media spends hours every day reporting on exact comments made by him or officials from his administration that are ridiculous, or flat-out not true, in the minds of most Trump supporters, that’s “attacking him.” They’ve convinced themselves that, despite what indisputable reality tells them is true about how terrible Trump is, he’s the greatest thing to happen to this country in years — it’s just that everyone’s out to get him.
4. Facts aren’t on their side: When someone’s trying to defend the indefensible, they often become desperate, defensive, and panicked. In fact, when forced to defend things that aren’t true, that’s usually when their insecurities about their beliefs manifest themselves into hostility, anger, and aggressive behavior. Because truth and facts aren’t on the side of Trump supporters, it’s made many of them very hostile, insecure, and aggressive toward those who point this out to them.
5. Deep down, they know he’s terrible: The subconscious part of our mind is something I find fascinating. In many ways it can have a huge impact on who we are and what we do, and we might not ever realize it’s responsible for certain aspects of our personality and behavior. While most will never say it, I do believe, deep down, many of his supporters know he’s awful, full of crap, and that they’re on the wrong side of history. The problem is, they’ll never.. ever admit that they were wrong and — gasp — Hillary Clinton and her supporters were right. They’d rather see this world reduced to ashes via nuclear armageddon driven by Trump’s incompetence than confess that Clinton or Obama were right about Trump.
Clearly I could have added more, but I’ll wrap this up here.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- NBA’s Gregg Popovich Rips Into ‘Soulless Coward’ Trump’s Disrespect for Slain Soldiers - October 16, 2017
- On Monday, Trump Continued His Appalling Pattern of Disrespect Toward Our Country and Military - October 16, 2017
- Fox News’ Latest Desperate Attack on Hillary Clinton Reaches a New Low - October 16, 2017