Donald Trump’s awfulness has been well-documented, but he’s far from the only Republican who Americans should publicly condemn for being terrible human beings. Sure, Trump’s the one “in charge,” but there are many members of his own party who know he’s dangerous, incompetent, and unfit for office — yet they defend and support him anyway.
If you ask me, these following five individuals are just as bad, if not possibly even worse, than Trump.
So, in no particular order, let’s get started.
1. Mike Pence: The former Indiana governor has built his career around this idea that he’s a staunch believer of “Christian values.” Meanwhile, reality tells us that he’s actually a dangerous religious fanatic who denied that smoking causes cancer, believes homosexuality can be cured, and once claimed a Disney cartoon was liberal propaganda to encourage women to join the military.
Though as much as I think Pence is a right-wing fanatic, I believe he knows Trump has no business being in charge of this country. This is someone who, when faced with the decision to showcase actual Christian values as someone opposing the least Christian person to ever call the White House home, he chose himself and his own personal gain by becoming one of Trump’s top propagandists, apologists, and defenders.
Pence perfectly showcased the fake “Christian values” of the GOP.
2. Jason Chaffetz: I could write an entire article about what a hypocritical, spineless little coward Chaffetz is. This is the guy who’s promised to spend years investigating Hillary Clinton’s emails (yes, he’s still “investigating them”), who hasn’t shown much interest at all in the ever-growing list of ties between Russia and Donald Trump. He hasn’t even shown much interest in reports from all of our U.S. intelligence agencies indicating Russia was behind the cyber attack aimed at undermining our election. You know, the same Russia which Trump goes out of his way to avoid saying anything negative about.
But Chaffetz’s absurdity doesn’t stop there.
Instead of pushing for an investigation into the legitimate possibility that Trump has committed treason, Chaffetz wants the leaks coming out of the White House investigated instead.
You can’t make this stuff up.
3. Ted Cruz: While I’ve always loathed Cruz, he managed to reach a new low when he publicly endorsed, supported, and campaigned for Trump — a man who basically called his wife ugly; many believe was behind the National Enquirer “article” accusing Cruz of multiple affairs; and tried to slander his father by pushing the ridiculous conspiracy that he was linked to JFK’s assassination.
When Cruz endorsed and supported someone who attacked and slandered his family — in very personal ways — that proved what an absolutely sad and pathetic human being he is.
4. Rand Paul: Someone who wouldn’t have made this list a couple of weeks ago, he propelled himself to the status as a right-wing scumbag when he said there was no point in the GOP-controlled Congress investigating possible acts of treason committed by Trump — because he’s a Republican:
I just don’t think it’s useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party. We’ll never even get started with doing the things we need to do, like repealing Obamacare, if we’re spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense.
That’s a member of the party that spent years “investigating” Benghazi, and many within it still want Clinton’s emails “investigated” further, who apparently feels it’s a waste of time to investigate the fact that mounting evidence, Trump’s odd pro-Russia behavior, and basic common sense all seem to indicate the very real possibility that our current president has been compromised by the Russian government — otherwise known as the enemy our intelligence agencies say attacked us.
And I love how ripping away health care from millions of people is apparently a bigger priority than potential collusion between Trump and Russian officials.
Never mind that it’s their damn job to investigate situations like this, regardless of party affiliation, it’s good to know that Paul places party loyalty over defending this country from someone who might be acting in the best interests of an enemy who hates us instead of our own.
5. Paul Ryan: Perhaps the sleaziest, slimiest, and biggest hypocrite in the entire party (and someone who clearly can’t stand Trump), Ryan has proven the type of leadership he doesn’t have by becoming nothing more than one of Trump’s lackeys. Someone who:
- Said Trump’s push to ban Muslims was un-American and didn’t represent the values of the party.
- Called Trump’s attack on a federal judge “textbook racism.”
- Disinvited Trump from a campaign rally following the release of the infamous “grab them by the p–sy” video, saying he was “sickened by what he heard.”
Is now a person who’s completely sold out to the incompetent orange menace.
Not only does Ryan now defend the same Muslim ban he criticized just over a year ago as un-American, but he’s shown absolutely no interest in pushing Congress to investigate the possibility that Trump might have committed treason against the United States.
The same lowlife who tried to have Hillary Clinton stripped of her right to have access to classified material doesn’t seem remotely concerned about reports that Trump’s still using a non-secured Android phone; he carelessly dealt with classified information in plain sight as people held phones with cameras around his table at a public resort; or his top national security advisor just had to resign because he lied about discussing sanctions with Russia.
Again, you can’t make this stuff up.
While there are plenty more I could have put on this list, these are five Republicans who I feel are just as much of a national disgrace as Donald Trump.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- I’d Like to Address Rand Paul’s Absurd Comment on Donald Trump’s Racism (Video) - January 15, 2018
- Here’s Why I Couldn’t Care Less About Trump’s ‘Adult Film Star Scandal’ - January 13, 2018
- There is One Thing Trump’s Done For the Nation Which Progressives Should Thank Him For - January 13, 2018