This is the ninth installment in our weekly fact-check series “The 5 Worst Conservative Memes Of The Week.” For the other installments, see here.
For those of you who are seeing this for the first time, the idea behind the countdown is to spotlight the dumbest, most absurd, or downright horrible conservative memes that are floating around on social media. We also discuss the Facebook page or other social media accounts associated with them when applicable, as many of these images are used to advertise a website, petition, or political cause.
Again, if you are new here, this is the brief synopsis: Have you ever received those email forwards that tell you how people are putting HIV-loaded syringes on gas pump handles or that if you forward within 10 minutes, you will meet the person of your dreams? Yeah, it’s that kind of rubbish designed to prey on the gullible or pull on your heartstrings – and in this case, it’s in the form of conservative memes.
Now let’s get to the countdown, shall we?
5. I recently came across a Facebook page called “I AM THE TEA PARTY!“, thanks to one of our fans who alerted me to this meme. Yes, the highly amusing fact that this conservative page’s title is written in ALL CAPS was one of the first things I noticed about it.
Here’s how the economy works, at least according to the people who are ignorant enough to actually believe something posted from a page like this one. Apparently, the president doesn’t get to take credit for the economy unless he’s a Republican and that’s only if the economy is doing well. If it’s doing poorly, then it’s the fault of the last Democrat. However, if the president is a Democrat, then it’s the exact opposite and the recession that happened under Bush is somehow President Obama’s fault. The economy is also allegedly a failure because some people in their 20s and 30s are living at home and that’s totally not the fault of the companies pulling in record profits but refusing to hire workers or pay decently, despite their firm belief in trickle-down economics. Trust me, writing that train of logic was hard for me and I can imagine it was just as hard for you to read.
4. There was so much derp on that page that I could probably write 6 months worth of 5 Worst Conservative Memes articles based solely on the content there. For this week though, I’ll include just two of their memes. Feel free to visit their page and look at many more gems such as this one.
This list is so utterly ridiculous that I don’t even know where to start. Last time I checked, it was Republicans who were trying crush free speech and free expression. Remember Occupy Wall Street and how they cheered for that California cop who casually pepper sprayed students in the face? Religious freedom? Seriously? Newsflash, just because you can’t force your religious beliefs on other people doesn’t mean you are being persecuted. Privacy? Ok, that’s an issue for both parties, so if you’re a Republican don’t pretend like you’re innocent. 2nd Amendment? Again, regulations don’t equal confiscation. Private property? Ok, this has to be a joke. Republicans oppose pretty much everything on here, especially stopping corporate welfare. Then again, if you’re delusional enough to subscribe to that page, you probably still think President Obama is going to come for your guns any day now.
3. I’m sure this was meant to be a meme describing the hypocrisy of people who call themselves Christians, but I found it ironically posted as a photo comment by an angry conservative on a local Louisiana news Facebook page.
I suppose that in their minds, President Obama is a secret fascist, communist, gay Muslim Anti-Christ from Kenya so therefore hating him is in line with Christian values – or something like that. I can’t even imagine going through the day with that much obsession and hatred bottled up in me, but these people can find a way to blame anything that goes wrong in their lives on liberals and President Obama. Overslept? Blame Obama. Car won’t start and you’re late for work? Obama. It’s amazing how people who kvetch constantly about how people need to take personal responsibility seriously are the same ones who blame everything on someone else who doesn’t even know they exist.
Latest posts by Manny Schewitz (see all)
- It Looks Inevitable, Donald Trump Will Eventually Be The Republican Nominee - January 17, 2016
- Donald Trump Is Now Using Ted Cruz’s Canadian Birth Against Him - January 14, 2016
- Hillary Clinton’s False Statements On Bernie Sanders’ Healthcare Record Are Disgraceful - January 14, 2016
Pages: 1 2