While I absolutely cannot stand the woman, I’ll give Ann Coulter this – she knows how to keep herself relevant by pandering to idiots. She’s a master at making headlines and getting her name in the spotlight. Though I find most of what she says to be absolutely repulsive, I’ll at least give her that much.
In an interview with Newsmax, Coulter said that MSNBC, “will not put on conservatives who can put two sentences together.” An obvious implication that MSNBC will only bring on “stupid” conservatives.
A bit ironic coming from someone who often praises Fox News, a channel that almost entirely features conservatives and is often known to only bring weak liberals on the network so they can serve as punching bags for their conservative counterparts.
During that interview, she also said:
“Any casual viewer of MSNBC can see it’s a totally closed set, which is why they get crazier and crazier in their conspiracy theories. There’s no one at MSNBC to say ‘you people are out of your minds’ because the only conservatives they invite on are Todd Harris and Meghan McCain.’
Irony, a conservative accusing liberals of “crazy conspiracy theories.” This from the people who think climate change is some global conspiracy theory, the earth is just a few thousand years old and homosexuality is a choice.
She also wrote to Newsbusters:
“These MSNBC hosts like Rachel and Ed love posing as macho Republican-slayers, with Rachel repeatedly begging Republican senators to please, please, please come on her show (because she’s such a formidable debater, you see), and now Schultz boasting that Republicans are terrified of him! We quake in our boots.
“I’ve been begging to come on their shows for years now, but they’re all apparently too afraid of a 99 lb girl. (Or any conservative who can put 2 sentences together — Hey! Somebody get Todd Harris on the line!)”
Well, let’s take a look at why somebody respectable like Rachel Maddow wouldn’t want to give somebody horrific like Ann Coulter airtime on her show. All we have to do is look at some of Coulter’s real-life quotes:
- “I don’t really like to think of it as a murder. It was terminating Tiller in the 203rd trimester.” — on the murder of Kansas abortion doctor George Tiller, FOX News interview, June 22, 2009
- “If we took away women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democrat president.”
- “If I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.”
- “We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens’ creme brulee. That’s just a joke, for you in the media.”
- “We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals.”
- “My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.”
- “I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo.”
Now as much as I’d love to see a one hour back-and-forth between Rachel Maddow or even Ed Schultz and Ann Coulter, I can’t lose too much sleep over the decision to not take her seriously – if indeed she has ever been turned down when asking for airtime on MSNBC. Just look at how vile and full of hate this woman is. While somebody like Ed Schultz may have a couple suspect quotes where he sounded like he wished something bad would happen to a conservative, Coulter literally has dozens where she is wishing death or ill will on others. In fact, you could basically say she’s built her career off of being as outrageous, offensive and vile as possible. There’s a reason she’s invited to appear on somebody like Bill Maher’s HBO show, but not Rachel Maddow’s MSNBC show. Maddow takes politics seriously, Maher and Coulter do not.
Basically, if you replaced all of Bill Maher’s humor with a heavy dose of vile hatred, you’d be left with Ann Coulter.
So I guess we’ll see how this plays out. Maddow is often known for addressing her critics, so I’m curious to see if she’ll address Coulter’s comments and even more curious to see if she’ll have her on her show – though I can’t blame her if she treats Coulter’s latest comments with the grain of salt they deserve.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- NBA’s Gregg Popovich Rips Into ‘Soulless Coward’ Trump’s Disrespect for Slain Soldiers - October 16, 2017
- On Monday, Trump Continued His Appalling Pattern of Disrespect Toward Our Country and Military - October 16, 2017
- Fox News’ Latest Desperate Attack on Hillary Clinton Reaches a New Low - October 16, 2017