Conservatives and their “Christianity,” it’s quite the funny thing. Well, at least to me it is. See, I’m a Christian (as most who follow me know) who spends a decent amount of time trying to reclaim my faith from the hypocritical and hateful right-wing fanatics who for too long have hijacked Christianity — portraying it as something that I firmly believe it’s not.
And maybe I’m biased, but as a political blog I feel we at Forward Progressives are among the leaders as it relates to quality Christian content and exposing conservative ignorance about the faith. That’s not just me talking — I get emails, messages and posts from readers everywhere telling me the same all the time.
Personally, my goal is to change the perception of what a Christian is because I believe far too many people lump conservative ignorance in with Christianity. Which I feel is completely inaccurate. Anyone can call themselves a Christian, but that doesn’t mean they follow Christianity.
Well, over this past year we’ve had several great articles that did a fantastic job at tackling right-wing ignorance about Christianity. So, in the theme of “year in review” stuff that’s big this time of year, I figured I’d list our 5 best articles related to Christianity and Christian ignorance in 2013.
While obviously I agree with most of them, these are just my favorite five from this past year.
Here we go!
#5: Explaining how Republicans really don’t get Christianity:
#4: I took on a conservative who shocked me with their absolute ignorance:
#3: Tackling five key Christian values and how Republicans seem to ignore all of them:
#2: A fantastic breakdown of the Biblical definition of marriage:
#1: A simple fact about Republicans and Christianity:
Well, there’s my top 5. Though I did want to list a couple of “honorable mentions” because I believe we’ve had several great articles this past year:
- I’ve Had It With the Radical “Religious” Right
- Introducing Republicanity, the Real Religion Conservatives Worship
- Why the Religious “Right” is Completely Wrong
- Why You Should Read the Bible Regardless of Your Religious Beliefs
- How Would Today’s Republicans Treat Jesus?
Alright, I’ll end it there. I hope you all took a few minutes to check out the above articles, and I promise to keep up the fight to expose right-wing ignorance about Christianity in 2014.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump Calls Sgt. Johnson’s Widow a Liar Within Minutes of Her Confirming He Disrespected Her Husband (Video) - October 23, 2017
- John Kelly Has Disgraced Himself, this Country and Our Military - October 21, 2017
- New Disgusting Report Exposes Fox News as the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Cable News - October 21, 2017