For the better part of the last half century, the GOP has been the party of hypocrisy — among other things. Whether it’s claiming to be “fiscally conservative” while every president from their party adds trillions to the national debt, or claiming to respect “religious freedom” while trying to shove their religious views on the entire nation, the Republican Party is filled with some of the most blatant hypocrisies and contradictions I’ve ever seen.
Though almost nothing Republicans have done comes close to the blatant hypocrisies we’ve seen from Republicans concerning Donald Trump.
As frustrated and angry as I get thinking about the absurdity we’re currently witnessing from most of the Republican Party, I laugh more than anything else because of how ridiculous all of this is. For example, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan recently playing dumb, claiming he hadn’t seen the tweets, when he was asked about a very public threat Trump issued against former head of the FBI James Comey — the man he had fired just days earlier.
Their hypocrisy is especially outrageous when you consider the talking points and propaganda many of these same Republicans pushed against President Obama during his eight years in office, and to even greater lengths Hillary Clinton during last year’s campaign. Not only did they stretch their bogus Benghazi “investigations” out years hoping to use them against her last November, but Trump and much of the GOP spent most of the 2016 election implying she was some careless criminal who belonged in prison — for using a private email server as Secretary of State which the FBI concluded wasn’t linked to any criminal intent or activity.
Well, on Wednesday night, David Gregory appeared as part of a panel discussion on CNN where Trump was clearly the main focus of discussion. The former Meet the Press host said exactly what nearly every person who opposes Trump has been thinking:
When you lie, you lose your credibility. Nobody can be believed. We have to add to this discussion the outrageousness of the silence from Republicans. Again, insert President Hillary Clinton into this sentence and the independent prosecutor would need a vacation at this point they’d be working for so long. Come on guys. Get in the game here. Get in the war and start doing your job.
He couldn’t have really said it any better than that.
For a moment, ignoring everything else, if Hillary Clinton had just, in the last few days:
- Fired the head of the FBI weeks after James Comey publicly confirmed her campaign was part of an on-going investigation into possible collusion with Russia.
- Publicly threatened Comey on Twitter after firing him.
- Admitted during an interview that the on-going investigation into possible treason committed between her campaign and the Russian government factored into her decision to fire the FBI director.
- Gave Russian officials highly-sensitive classified information during a meeting where all American media was banned, yet state-run Russian media was allowed access.
- Had a story break alleging that she told the recently fired head of the FBI that she wanted him to end the investigation into a former national security advisor with ties to foreign governments.
- Also allegedly pressed the former head of the FBI to swear loyalty to her during a dinner meeting, a request he apparently refused, weeks before his eventual dismissal.
As Gregory said, if you insert Clinton’s name into every single thing I just listed that Trump’s done, or been accused of doing, over the last few days, Republicans would be going absolutely ballistic.
From now on, I think we should take David Gregory’s advice every time we hear a Republican defending Donald Trump’s ever-growing list of scandals. Any time one of these folks tries to defend him, all we should do is simply ask them to swap Hillary Clinton’s name for his, then ask them if they’d defend her if she had said, done, or been accused of the same thing.
Watch his comments below via CNN:
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Story of a Trump Supporter Who Just Experienced Why For-Profit Health Care Doesn’t Work - September 22, 2017
- Alex Jones Rattles Off One of the Most Revolting Rants I’ve Ever Heard (Video) - September 22, 2017
- Sean Hannity Embarrasses Himself in Latest Attempt to Defend Trump’s Insanity (Video) - September 22, 2017