Words cannot express how sick and tired I am of the mainstream media acting as if we should believe anything Donald Trump says. Not only is he possibly the most dishonest human being ever elected to public office, but he’s proven time and time again that he just says… stuff, which often doesn’t make any sense. He’ll say one thing one day, then turn right around a few days later and completely contradict himself. This is someone who says what he feels serves his own best interests for that particular moment.
Take his “pledge” on Wednesday where he claimed that there won’t be any tax cuts for the rich. Furthermore, he said “if their taxes have to go higher, they’ll go higher.”
Who actually believes that?
Are there people out there who think the guy who called it “smart” that he avoided paying taxes for nearly two decades is going to raise taxes on himself? I don’t care what Trump says, there’s absolutely no way he’s going to pass any sort of tax reform that doesn’t cut taxes for the rich.
It’s not going to happen.
Let’s not forget that Trump’s someone who said:
- He’d have a plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days.
- Mexico was going to pay for his border wall.
- His health care plan would be better, cheaper, and cover more Americans.
- He personally witnessed “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrating 9/11 in the streets of New Jersey.
- The NFL personally sent him a letter complaining about the presidential debate schedule — a letter they immediately denied sending.
- Despite indisputable photographic evidence to the contrary, that his inauguration crowd was the largest in history.
- The only reason he lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton is because “millions of people voted illegally.”
The list of blatant lies and vile things this con man has said is seemingly endless.
If you ask me, this new found “love affair” Trump seems to have with reaching out to Democrats is about two things:
- Trying to repair his image after months and months of historically low approval ratings by portraying himself as someone who’s “willing to work with both sides.”
- Making a statement to Republican lawmakers that if they don’t start showing more loyalty to him by backing everything he wants, he’ll work with Democrats just to spite them.
But make no mistake about it, this is all about him — and no one should believe anything he says.
Which is why it drives me crazy when the mainstream media rushes to praise and/or break down something he’s said or done. There’s nothing deeper to Trump, nor is he a complex man to figure out. Every single thing he does is either about doing what he feels is in his own best interests, or seeking revenge on those who he feels have slighted him in some way.
So, please, I’m begging the mainstream media, whenever you all feel inclined to praise or break down something Donald Trump’s said or done, simply stop and ask yourselves this: “How does this benefit Trump and/or get revenge on someone he feels hasn’t been ‘loyal’ enough to him?” — because the answer(s) to that question will shine a bright light on the topic at hand.