Words cannot truly express how happy I am that many of the supporters of your party have blessed us with Donald Trump as your overwhelming presidential frontrunner. Granted, he’s an absolute embarrassment to this country, and I’m ashamed that someone such as him has managed to rise to the ranks of a leading presidential candidate, but that’s all worth it to see what he’s doing to your party.
For years, progressives such as myself have pointed out that the GOP is driven by hate, bigotry, sexism and racism. And for years Republicans have emphatically denied those allegations. After all, it’s easy to dismiss individual acts of sexism, racism or bigotry as “just a radical that doesn’t represent our party.” And that’s basically what Republicans have done.
The problem is, you folks really can’t do that anymore.
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan tried to condemn Trump’s anti-Muslim bigotry by claiming it doesn’t represent the values of the GOP – only to be embarrassed a few days later when new polling results showed the vast majority of conservatives actually agreed with Trump. Soon thereafter, Trump’s polling numbers reached all-time highs.
Let’s just put this down in its simplest form, shall we? Donald Trump is someone who’s:
- Called most Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals.
- Degraded a war veteran and former POW.
- Called a woman breastfeeding “disgusting.”
- Has called women fat pigs.
- Mocked the physical disabilities of a reporter.
- Shared a blatantly racist (and completely inaccurate) Internet meme depicting African-Americans as bloodthirsty murderers.
- Suggested we should create a national database to track Muslims.
- Said we should ban all Muslims from entering the United States.
- Called Hillary Clinton going to the bathroom “disgusting.”
- Then called on the United States to suspend allowing all immigrants to move to the United States.
And that’s the overwhelming frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination. One candidate who perfectly exemplifies the racism, bigotry, sexism, hate and intolerance that sits at the very heart of the Republican party. Hell, the more bigoted, sexist, racist and intolerant his rhetoric becomes… the more conservatives like him. At this point it doesn’t seem as if the vast majority of Republican voters can get enough of Trump. He’s become a relative superstar within the party.
What’s best is that you all are so enamored with Trump that you don’t realize he is exactly who Democrats want Republicans to nominate.
Sure, Trump’s legions of followers think he would be a “nightmare” for the Democrats, or that we’re “afraid” of him, but nothing could be further from the truth. But, by all means, keep believing that. As a staunch progressive, I am a huge supporter of Trump for the GOP presidential nomination.
I know, I know – he’ll “destroy” Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders. Yes… yes, you’re right. He absolutely would. It’s very important that you all keep believing that. Repeat it to yourselves in the mirror, write it on Internet memes and talk about it amongst other Trump supporters.
Trust me, almost every progressive I know wants nothing more than for all of you to keep on thinking that. The more of your own delusions you all keep believing, the better. Please, by all means, keep buying into your own propaganda and right-wing driven hype – I’m begging you.
Sure, Republicans could be rallying behind Jeb Bush who might have sealed up Florida, or John Kasich to help the party try to lock up Ohio – two swing states that are vital for winning the presidency – but you all seem to want Donald J. Trump. A man so arrogant that he spends much of his time bragging about his poll results on Twitter like a 14-year-old who just got ten “likes” on their latest Instagram post.
So I simply wanted to say thank you for supporting Donald Trump as your party’s overwhelming presidential frontrunner. If it wasn’t for you folks rallying behind one of the most absurd and vile legitimate presidential candidates in modern U.S. history, we wouldn’t be able to sit back and enjoy one man making your entire party look like a really long episode of South Park.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Rick Wilson Excoriates Trump Supporter: ‘Don’t You Dare Talk About Respect’ (Video) - March 17, 2018
- Everything Facebook’s Doing to Combat Fake News is Only Making the Problem Worse - March 16, 2018
- Fox News’ The Five Advocates Committing War Crimes, Denies Waterboarding is Torture (Video) - March 15, 2018