Look, there are still plenty of nightmares to be had over the next 3+ years of Donald Trump being in charge of this nation, but we’ve already seen more than enough to be a little cocky for a moment when telling Trump folks: We told you so.
We’re just a few months into his administration and this has already been, without a doubt, an absolute disaster.
When we said he was too incompetent to be president — we were right.
A few months ago, reports indicate that during a call with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Trump didn’t even know what the SMART nuclear treaty was — yet bashed it anyway. This follows up other reports that alleged he:
- Didn’t know how much power he was giving Steven Bannon when he put him on the National Security Council.
- Wasn’t aware he would have to hire his own White House staff.
- Whined about having to live in Washington D.C. — you know, where the White House is.
- Basically said he would be willing to invade Mexico to get “bad hombres.”
- Apparently thought African American icon Frederick Douglass was still alive.
- Allowed his Secretary of State to basically say they’re willing to block China’s access to the disputed islands in the South China Sea, a move that would almost certainly trigger a war.
- Went on Twitter to whine about Nordstrom dropping his daughter’s clothing line, which is a massive violation of federal ethics.
- Needed the president of Japan to explain to him why the situation with North Korea is so complicated.
- Claimed he “no one knew health care could be so complicated.”
- Admitted that he wasn’t aware being “president” would be so hard.
The list goes on and on. He is, without a doubt, the most incompetent person ever elected to that office.
When we said he’d never make Mexico pay for his wall — we were right.
Thus far, the best “plan” Trump has produced to make “Mexico pay for the wall” would equate to a 20 percent tax hike on nearly every American and almost certainly start a trade war. Other than that, he’s already saying that Congress is going to have to find the money to build it and they’ll “make Mexico pay — eventually.”
When we said his talk about “draining the swamp” was a giant scam — we were right.
Donald Trump filled his cabinet with Washington insiders, top donors, billionaires and Wall Street executives.
Remember when Trump attacked Hillary Clinton for her speeches to Goldman Sachs? Funny, he seems to be quite the fan of the finance company now.
When we said he’d never repeal Obamacare on “Day 1” — we were right.
We’re now months into his administration and he’s already proven that he never had a plan for health care.
When we said he was going to abuse his power for his own personal business interests — we were right.
Not only has he not really divested from his business interests like he promised he’d do if elected, but he recently took to Twitter to attack a company for dropping his daughter’s clothing line. Heck, Trump’s pick for secretary of the Army — Wall Street billionaire Vincent Viola — withdrew from that nomination citing the near impossibility of separating his business interests from the position for which he was nominated. In other words, Viola essentially admitted there’s no way for someone like Trump to separate his conflicts of interests.
When we said Trump’s claim he “picks the best people” was a joke — we were right.
Not only did he go through three campaign managers, but White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer has been an embarrassment; Kellyanne Conway seems to go out of her way to make some sort of ridiculous gaffe every day, and his administration is filled with people who are constantly leaking information to the press about what an absolute circus Trump’s time in office has been.
When we told you Trump’s incompetence would push us closer to war — we were right.
So far all he’s done is attack our allies, go out of his way to provoke China and Iran, and provide ISIS with years worth of recruitment material for new jihadists with his Muslim ban.
When we said he had no plan to fight ISIS — we were right.
We’re three weeks in and the only thing he’s really done militarily was order a botched raid where a Navy SEAL died — a raid he wasn’t even in the Situation Room for as it was taking place.
When we said Trump was nothing but a con man, lying to you all by making promises he couldn’t keep and that weren’t realistic — we were right.
Sure, it’s still early into his administration, but we’ve already seen ample evidence proving that nearly every major issue he ran on was a complete scam. The Iran nuclear deal is still in place, Obamacare isn’t repealed nor does he have any real plan to make health care better, he has no way to make Mexico pay for his wall, his administration is filled with many of the people he vilified during his campaign, and the country is less safe now than it’s been in decades.
He played you all for fools; sadly, most of you still refuse to face that reality. As a progressive who spent the entire election warning the country against the dangers of Donald Trump, this will not be the last time I proudly say to those who supported him — we were right.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Karl Rove’s Advice to Donald Trump: Stop Acting Like You’re Guilty (Video) - April 23, 2018
- Top Fox News Legal Analyst: Comey’s Memos Weren’t Classified but are Damning for Trump if True (Video) - April 23, 2018
- Kellyanne Conway Flips Out When CNN’s Dana Bash Asks Her About Husband’s Anti-Trump Stance - April 23, 2018