I’ve made no secret of my disdain concerning the Republican claim that they’re the party for “Christian values.” This is a party that pushes hate, fear, racism, bigotry and vilifies the poor while absurdly claiming that they’re “lovers and followers of Jesus Christ.”
It’s all bullshit.
You don’t have to be all that knowledgable about Christianity to know that you can’t:
- Push for an economic system that’s driven solely by greed.
- Oppose giving every American health care.
- Vilify programs that help the poor when the largest recipients of those programs are the sick, elderly and children.
- Push fear and hate as a staple of your party’s message.
- Claim Jesus Christ would be in support of millions of Americans owning stockpiles of weapons, many designed for war.
- Build economic policies predicated on giving more to the richest among us while taking from the most vulnerable.
- Portray poor people as “lazy moochers” and “takers.”
- Pander to and embrace racism and bigotry.
You can’t do all of that, then say your party follows the teachings of Jesus Christ — a man who (even if you don’t believe in him) symbolizes love, hope, acceptance, forgiveness, giving, opposed greed, and spent much of his life helping the poor.
But you damn sure can’t say you’re a Christian and a supporter of Donald Trump. There’s absolutely nothing Christian about him.
If anything, Trump is the antithesis of true Christian values.
Donald Trump is a greedy, narcissistic bully who belittles those he feels are weaker than he is, blatantly pandered to bigotry and built an entire campaign on hate, fueled by fear and paranoia. Donald Trump is someone who made up petty names to attack his opponents, mocked a man with disabilities, belittled POWs and told his Twitter followers to look up the non-existent sex tape of a former Miss Universe because she criticized him.
Donald Trump is a modern-day “anti-Christ.”
If you’re someone who really believes that Jesus Christ would come down to Earth right now and proudly endorse Donald Trump as our next president, all you’re doing is proving that you’re completely clueless about the true values of Christianity — and you certainly don’t know a thing about the teachings of Jesus Christ.
While I’m not presumptive enough to say that Christ would be a Democrat, I certainly know he wouldn’t be a Republican — and damn sure wouldn’t be someone who supported a vile, detestable person like Donald Trump.
During the GOP primary, Republicans had actual evangelical candidates from which to choose. Heck, they had a bona fide former minister in Mike Huckabee and the son of a preacher in Ted Cruz. I can’t stand either individual, but at least their ties to their warped views of Christianity are based upon an actual belief in that perversion of the faith.
Donald Trump is a complete farce. He’s someone who calls himself a Christian because he knows millions other fake “conservative Christians” were gullible enough to actually believe him. Then again, when you’re as hypocritical as these people, in many ways, Trump is the perfect “Christian” — if you’re someone who subscribes to the delusional version of “Christianity” many conservatives claim they worship.
So, I guess, in many ways Trump is the perfect politician for these “Christians in name only” who’ve somehow convinced themselves that the best way to worship a religious figure like Jesus Christ is by supporting someone who’s essentially the living embodiment of values that are the exact opposite of those for which he lived and died.
No matter what anyone thinks about the true faith of Christianity, there’s one thing that’s undeniable — you can’t call yourself a follower of Christianity and believer in the values for which Jesus Christ lived, and support Donald Trump.
So, you’re more than welcome to support him. But whatever religion you claim to worship damn sure isn’t real Christianity. There’s nothing about the bottom-feeding, racist-pandering Donald Trump that represents real Christian values.
With their embrace of Donald Trump, Republicans cemented the fact that when it comes to Christianity, they’re nothing but absolute frauds.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump Calls Sgt. Johnson’s Widow a Liar Within Minutes of Her Confirming He Disrespected Her Husband (Video) - October 23, 2017
- John Kelly Has Disgraced Himself, this Country and Our Military - October 21, 2017
- New Disgusting Report Exposes Fox News as the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Cable News - October 21, 2017