A lot has been made lately within the liberal community over what some are calling “shocking” or “stunning” comments by right-wing media personality Glenn Beck. He’s taken a slightly more common sense approach to homosexuality recently, and also made comments on Fox News where he admitted making mistakes in how he expressed his views. Beck said, “I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart.”
Um, ya think?
- “I didn’t think I could hate victims faster than the 9/11 victims… And when I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like, ‘Oh shut up!’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining. And we did our best for them.”
- “This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture….I’m not saying he doesn’t like white people, I’m saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.”
- “Al Gore’s not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization…And you must silence all dissenting voices. That’s what Hitler did. That’s what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon are doing.”
- “I know the progressives are using progressive tactics. They’re not using Nazi tactics. The real answer is the Nazis were using early American progressive tactics. And that’s not my opinion, that’s historic fact.”
- ”There are a lot of universities that are as dangerous with the indoctrination of the children as terrorists are in Iran or North Korea. We have been setting up reeducation camps. We call them universities.”
- “They [Democrats in Congress] believe in communism. They believe and have called for a revolution. You’re going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning, they may shoot you.”
There are many more, but I think Beck’s craziness is fairly well-defined with those.
Only now in an interview he did on Fox News, he’s saying:
“I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language. I didn’t realize how really fragile the people were. I thought we were kind of a little more in it together. And now I look back and I realize if we could have talked about the uniting principles a little bit more, instead of just the problems, I think I would look back on it a little more fondly.”
I’m sorry, but I’m calling complete b.s. on all of that. You don’t say the things that he’s said (even recently) then come out and say you wished you could go back and be more of a “uniting” kind of person.
Glenn Beck defined the type of personality that divided Americans. I can’t even count the times I’ve heard him, or saw him in an interview, where he’s making some kind of Nazi reference to something.
When I see Beck suddenly start talking about wanting to be more of a “unifying” character, I can’t help but see a man who’s desperate to stay relevant.
Just think about it. He’s gone from having a popular show on Fox News, possibly the face of their network at the time, to basically being an “also ran” about once a month when he makes some boneheaded claim on his radio show that gets picked up nationally. Outside of his niche of followers, nobody really cares about what he has to say about anything.
And don’t forget that Beck’s currently trying to get The Blaze its own channel – something which requires advertisers and investors who often run away from people who’ve said and done the things he’s done in the past.
Personally, I’ve always viewed Beck as a phony. Someone who realized he could make millions by pandering to the ignorant and fearful with his outrageous personality.
But now that’s coming back to haunt him. He’s desperately trying to rebrand himself as “more moderate” in an attempt to not only make himself relevant once again, but also to get his network up and running.
Beck cares about one thing – his own fame and ego. He badly wants to be someone who matters again and this fake “rebranding” is his latest attempt to do so.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump Tweets One of the Most Absurd Things He’s Ever Claimed About Russia - February 21, 2018
- Dear Donald Trump: Yes, the Main Reason You Won is Because of Russia’s Help - February 20, 2018
- Fox News’ Smith Blasts Trump for Being Too Much of a Coward to Condemn Russia (Video) - February 19, 2018