Take for instances this year’s midterms and how often we’re seeing Democratic candidates run away from President Obama.
The same president who has presided over:
- The creation of over 10 million jobs in less than 6 years.
- The finding, and killing, of Osama bin Ladin.
- A huge drop in the number of uninsured Americans.
- Record stock levels.
- The saving of the American auto industry.
- An unemployment rate that’s now below 6%.
- The ending of discrimination against homosexuals in our military.
- Same-sex marriage being on the verge of national legalization in the very near future.
Just to name a few of the things that have happened since Obama took office in January 2009.
And that is what Democrats are running from? It’s absurd.
See, if President Obama were a Republican, conservatives would be publicly boasting about the millions of jobs he’s created, the fact we killed Osama bin Ladin on his watch, the record stock levels and the drastically reduced unemployment rate.
But not Democrats. Oh, no. Instead they’ve run from all of this. Which, to many Americans, validates the propaganda and lies Republicans have been spreading for years. Because if Democrats won’t even stand with the president – why should the American people vote for the party he represents?
Which is a big part of the reason why I believe so many Democrats are facing extremely challenging elections this November. Not because President Obama hasn’t been successful, but because their cowardly avoidance of anything and everything to do with his administration appears to validate the misinformation that’s constantly being spread by Republicans.
Because these Democrats should be standing by the president and proudly professing that yes, they voted with or supported the same policies that helped create over 10 million jobs, provided millions of Americans with health insurance (many for the very first time) and stopped the discrimination in our military against homosexuals.
But instead, Democrats have been cowards. They’ve let Republicans control the message. They’ve run away from President Obama and his policies. Policies that brought this nation back from possibly the worst economic crash we’ve ever experienced. And by doing so, not only have they killed any hope for liberals being energized to vote this November, but they’ve possibly handed the Senate over to the Republican party.
And if that happens, every Democrat who ran away from the president should absolutely be ashamed of themselves.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Tapper Lays Out a Key Argument for Why Many Believe Trump’s Being Blackmailed by Russia (Video) - March 22, 2018
- GOP Senator Hammers Trump for Making the U.S. Look Weak with Call to Congratulate Putin (Video) - March 21, 2018
- Former RNC Chair Rips GOP for Not Publicly Condemning Trump’s Love of Russia (Video) - March 21, 2018