Well, it seems, Mr. Saenz wasn’t always all that concerned with opposing gay rights. Sure, he was fairly well known for being anti-abortion and defending the right for conservatives to force their religion on other people, but he had never made a name for himself in the world of anti-gay activism.
That was until 2012, when he become one of Texas’ most vocal anti-gay leaders.
What caused this sudden interest in opposing gay rights? Well, it just so happens, in 2011 Saenz’s now ex-wife left him – for another woman.
That seems to have been the trigger for his sudden interest in extreme anti-gay views.
And trust me when I say they are quite extreme. Since focusing most of his attention on oppose gay rights Saenz has:
- Endorsed gay conversion therapy.
- Claimed that same-sex marriage will lead to polygamy and people marrying their step-children.
- Suggested that gays want to put Christians in concentration camps.
- Strongly opposed nondiscrimination ordinances in San Antonio and Houston.
In other words, since his wife left him for another woman, he’s been a massive prick to the LGBT community.
According to court records, Saenz went to great lengths during the divorce to prevent their children from being around his ex-wife’s girlfriend and even tried to put his ex-wife in jail for not seeking a psychological evaluation that was apparently agreed upon by both parties during the divorce.
He also apparently wanted all records of any travel, entertainment, meals, gifts or pretty much anything that might remotely be related to any possible contact with his ex-wife’s girlfriend.
He wasn’t successful.
I think it’s safe to say that this guy is an absolute scumbag.
If you read through more of the details from their divorce, he put his ex-wife through absolute hell for two years until everything was officially finalized.
And now it seems that because he lost control of his ex-wife, and wasn’t able to prevent his children from being around her girlfriend, he’s now dedicating his life to opposing gay rights.
Which, I guess is his way to try to get back at her because he failed miserably to do so during their divorce.
I’d encourage everyone to head on over to the Texas Values Facebook page and let Mr. Saenz know exactly what you think of him and his terrible organization. Be sure to tell him Allen Clifton from Forward Progressives sent you.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Tapper Lays Out a Key Argument for Why Many Believe Trump’s Being Blackmailed by Russia (Video) - March 22, 2018
- GOP Senator Hammers Trump for Making the U.S. Look Weak with Call to Congratulate Putin (Video) - March 21, 2018
- Former RNC Chair Rips GOP for Not Publicly Condemning Trump’s Love of Russia (Video) - March 21, 2018