I recently read where Pat Robertson was quoted as saying that homosexuals in San Francisco were going around intentionally infecting people with AIDS.
“You know what they do in San Francisco? Some of the gay community there, they want to get people. So, if they’ve got the stuff, they’ll have a ring. You shake hands and the ring’s got a little thing where you cut your finger. Really. I mean it’s that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder.”
Now anyone who takes this man seriously should have their head examined, but it did get me to ask myself, “how is this man still on television?” At what point is his nonsense classified as hate speech? Because it’s not just this quote, there’s a seemingly endless stream of asinine statements anyone can easily find that have come from this ignorant, fear mongering ass clown.
So I decided I’d list 5 of the most ridiculous quotes from Pat Robertson that I’ve ever seen or heard:
- “Feminism is a socialist, anti-family, political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.”
- “We have been inundated with skepticism and secularism. And overseas, they’re simple, humble. You tell ‘em God loves ‘em and they say, ‘Okay, he loves me.’ You say God will do miracles and they say, ‘Okay, we believe him.’ And that’s what God’s looking for. That’s why they have miracles.“
- “Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It’s no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history.”
- “I know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that’s the way it is, period.”
- “I would warn Orlando that you’re right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don’t think I’d be waving those flags [gay pride flags] in God’s face if I were you, This is not a message of hate, this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It’ll bring about terrorist bombs; it’ll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor.”
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen — Pat Robertson, former Republican presidential candidate and current peddler of hate, ignorance and the complete perversion of Christianity.
It’s just shocking that this man is still aired on free television.
Oh, but let’s not ignore the fact that this guy has claimed on numerous occasions that “God” has told him certain truths, such as:
- The world would end in November 1982—Never happened
- In 2006 here would be horrific storms levied against the Pacific Northwest—Never happened
- Sometime in 2007 “mass killings” would be levied against the United States in some sort of terrorist attack—Never happened
- In 2009 gold would hit $1900 an ounce and oil $300 per barrel—Never happened
- That President Obama would be defeated in 2012—Never happened
And those are just a handful of his “God told me…” statements. Trust me, there are many more.
So, Pat Robertson claims he’s of sound mind, yet seems to constantly have a voice in his head that tells him all sorts of inaccurate information. A voice which he claims is “God.”
But — he’s not insane?
How is it again that this man is still on television? I mean I know why — the question is rhetorical. Because there are still millions of people who look at Pat Robertson as a man of God. They look at him as a beacon of morality and a compass to guide them through the events in their every day lives.
And that’s an absolutely terrifying thought.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump’s Insane Fox & Friends Interview Proves He’s Scared and Losing It More Every Day (Video) - April 26, 2018
- French President’s Speech to Congress Was a Huge ‘Middle Finger’ to Donald Trump (Video) - April 26, 2018
- Karl Rove’s Advice to Donald Trump: Stop Acting Like You’re Guilty (Video) - April 23, 2018