If there’s one thing that’s baffled me more than anything about Donald Trump’s rise from being a joke candidate to Republican presidential nominee, it’s how there are tens of millions of people in this country who don’t see how full of crap he is. This is someone who says almost nothing that’s true and has essentially built a campaign based upon the comments section of your typical right-wing blog.
But even going beyond his seemingly endless list of ridiculous lies, it’s how hypocritical he is as a candidate and how his supporters either won’t admit that he is or they’re just too ignorant to see it.
So I decided to put together a list of some of Trump’s most obvious hypocrisies about his candidacy and his campaign.
1. He built a campaign centered on how terrible trade deals are, even though many of his company’s products are made in Bangladesh, China and other nations.
2. He’s the candidate for the party that claims it stands for “Christian values” and for “preserving the sanctity of marriage,” despite the fact he’s on his third marriage and has had at least one affair.
3. He claims politicians are corrupt, unethical and cannot be trusted, then admits to trying to buy politicians in the past so they would unethically help him with his business dealings.
4. He brags about how he’s such a successful businessman, yet refuses to show his tax returns to prove his success.
5. He calls Hillary Clinton a liar, when he’s the most dishonest person we’ve ever seen run for public office.
6. He often calls other people “stupid,” yet frequently speaks with the vocabulary of a spoiled 5th grader.
7. He says America isn’t great anymore, while he almost constantly brags about how successful he’s become in this country.
8. He boasts about how many votes he received during the GOP primary, but never mentions that he got less than half the vote and had more people vote against him than for him.
9. He calls Hillary Clinton “crooked,” yet was found guilty of creating a fake anti-gambling front organization with the sole purpose of slandering the Mohawk Native Americans in an attempt to prevent them from getting approval to build a casino that would compete with his.
10. He calls President Obama divisive, while he vilifies Mexicans, immigrants, Muslims, women and has managed to divide his own party.
11. He talks about how much respect he has for our military and our veterans, yet mocked the thousands of American POWs who’ve served in our military when he said he doesn’t consider Sen. John McCain a “hero” because he doesn’t like people who were captured.
12. He claims he isn’t a racist or a bigot, yet has shared blatantly racist memes; has based a lot of his campaign on vilifying minorities; and once said, “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”
13. During the 2012 election he said that Mitt Romney should release his tax returns; four years later as he’s become the GOP presidential nominee, Trump refuses to release his.
14. He says he’s going to be the “law and order president,” however, on numerous occasions, he’s said he wants to commit war crimes.
15. He claims he’s a great negotiator and a master at making great deals, yet couldn’t convince any big-name Republicans to become his running mate, ultimately settling for no-name Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
There are more, but I think I’ve made my point.
Donald Trump is a candidate who has built a campaign on so many blatant contradictions and hypocrisies yet, astonishingly, millions of his supporters are ignorant enough to buy his mountain of bullshit — no matter how ridiculous the things he says might be.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Dear Donald Trump: It’s Absolutely None of Your Damn Business What the NFL Does - October 19, 2017
- Bill O’Reilly Tries Trolling Jake Tapper On Twitter, Gets Crushed by the CNN Host - October 19, 2017
- Here’s an Appalling List of All the Times Trump’s Disrespected Our Military and Veterans - October 18, 2017