Most people who follow me probably know that I try to add perspective to what’s going on in our country. Too often I’ve seen people believe all sorts of rather absurd things that once you put them all together and really look at them, they paint a picture of absolute insanity, flat-out don’t make any sense, or contradict one another.
That brings me to supporters of Donald Trump and the crazy conspiracies many of them legitimately believe.
If you take them one by one, most are bad enough. Yet when you realize that a person needs to believe all of what I’m about to list in order to call themselves a “Trump supporter,” that’s when you start to paint a picture that transcends partisan politics and becomes genuinely scary.
With that said, here are some (but certainly not all) of the ludicrous conspiracies most Trump supporters actually believe to be true:
1. That Trump personally witnessed “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrating in the streets of New Jersey on 9/11, yet there isn’t a single shred of evidence — anywhere — to actually support his claim because there’s a global media conspiracy, including within Fox News and the rest of the conservative media, to conceal the footage of these celebrations.
2. “Millions and millions” of people voted illegally during the 2016 election, all for Hillary Clinton, in a conspiracy that would have literally required the cooperation of thousands of people, politicians, and lawyers in all 50 states, from both parties — and not a single person has come forward with evidence of what might be the biggest coverup in human history. All the while, she still lost the election despite this massive voter fraud, which apparently wasn’t carried out in key swing states considering she lost many of those, while Democrats didn’t gain majorities in either the House or the Senate, nor were there any massive, unexpected upsets where Democrats won elections they never should have.
3. Despite indisputable photographic evidence proving that Trump’s inauguration crowd was smaller than Barack Obama’s, his was the “largest in history,” but the “fake news media,” again, along with Fox News apparently, is purposely lying about attendance numbers to make him look bad.
4. Robert Mueller and James Comey are both part of multiple conspiracies, along with the FBI and the rest of the intelligence community, to protect Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton from prosecution, and are working with some sort of “deep state” push to bring down Trump’s “presidency.”
5. Speaking of protecting Obama and Clinton, considering Trump keeps lashing out at someone to “investigate their criminal behavior,” his supporters must also apparently believe that Trump’s own Department of Justice, which could investigate these ridiculous claims whenever they wanted, is also part of these conspiracies to protect the former president and secretary considering the DOJ has shown little to no interest in entertaining these unhinged rants.
6. That any and all negative information reported about Trump is “fake news,” even when there’s indisputable evidence to prove that it’s not, while only positive information about him is real.
7. That any poll showing him with a low approval rating is “fake,” yet any poll that shows him doing better is completely real — even if it’s a poll you previously called “fake.”
8. That CNN, ABC News, NBC News, MSNBC, CBS, The New York Times, and The Washington Post are all “fake news” that most elected Republicans still cite as sources for various stories that are favorable to their agenda (including Trump when it suits him) and they agree to do interviews with.
9. Prior to his inauguration, all the economic data being reported was a “hoax” and “phony,” but now it’s all 100 percent real and factual.
10. Just about a year ago, as Trump claimed, unemployment was as high as “42 percent,” but it’s now legitimately at 4.5 percent even though that would mean tens of millions of jobs would have been created instead of the roughly 1.2 million that have been — fewer than at the same point in 2016 under Barack Obama.
11. Barack Obama’s birth certificate is fake and every government agency that could have possibly looked into his background to expose the fact that he was an “illegitimate president” was part of the conspiracy to claim his proof of citizenship was, in fact, real.
12. The international media is also part of the conspiracy against Trump considering their sources and information are also reporting many of the same things the so-called “fake media” here in the United States is.
13. Hillary Clinton “colluded with Russia” during last year’s election — against herself.
14. That Clinton and the DNC paid for this “totally false” and “nasty” Steele dossier, who were working in conjunction with Russian operatives (even though neither Fusion GPS nor Christopher Steele are Russian) that was completed months before the election, yet never once mentioned it or used any of the information contained within it during the election, apparently saving it to use against Trump if he won — instead of using it against him when the information contained within it might have helped her campaign.
15. That Clinton, who was head of just one of nine agencies that approved the Uranium One deal back in 2010, was powerful enough to strong-arm the heads of those other agencies, including everyone else who had to sign off on this deal, which includes the Canadian government.
16. Despite his own Justice Department saying there’s no evidence to back up Trump’s conspiracy, the U.S. intelligence community denying it happened, and the fact that he has absolutely no evidence to support his claim, you believe Barack Obama had Trump Tower illegally wiretapped.
17. That Hillary Clinton is powerful enough to force through scandalous uranium deals, avoid criminal prosecution for “multiple crimes” spanning decades, have people murdered, rig elections, keep the entire mainstream media in her back pocket, oversee a 50-state conspiracy that allowed “millions” of people to vote illegally, establish elaborate international pay-for-play schemes through her foundation, fix FBI investigations, and collude with Russians — but still couldn’t win last year’s election or defeat Obama in 2008’s Democratic primary.
18. Climate change is a massive, liberal world-wide hoax created by the Chinese, supported and believed by every country on Earth and at least 97 percent of the world’s scientists.
19. That anyone and everyone who speaks out against Trump, even other conservatives and members of his own party, are all part of “the establishment’s” efforts to bring him down.
20. That despite Republicans controlling the White House, House of Representatives, the Senate, and the Department of Justice — Democrats are the reason he can’t get any of his major campaign promises through Congress, they’re the drivers behind the “Russia witch hunt” against his campaign, and they’re protecting Clinton from being investigated for “her various crimes,” even though his party controls all the congressional committees in charge of conducting any investigation.
There are clearly more, but I’ll wrap it up there.
All I can say is… *sigh*
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- 15 Questions to Ask your Trump Supporting Friends and Family This Thanksgiving - November 23, 2017
- Trumpsters Won’t Like What a CNN Analyst Said About Trump’s Treatment of Women (Video) - November 22, 2017
- Explaining What ‘Merry Christmas’ Really Means To Trump and His Supporters - November 22, 2017