At this point, there’s really no other way to say this, so I’ll be blunt: To be someone who supports Donald Trump you have to be woefully naive to the point of brainwashed delusion, legitimately mentally unstable, certifiably insane, flat-out stupid, or you’re just a terrible person who agrees with his ignorance and isn’t bothered by supporting a wannabe dictator.
As I asked my friend the other day, “How many conspiracies does someone need to believe are real in order to be a Trump supporter?”
I’m not even going to get into every conspiracy or lie Trump’s said, I’m going to focus on a few things he said before the election, then the things he’s said since being sworn in.
So, to be a Trump supporter, you have to believe:
- He always opposed the Iraq War like he says, despite the fact he’s on an audio recording right here saying he supported the war.
- President Obama forged two different forms of his birth certificate and government agencies were part of an elaborate conspiracy to support an “illegitimate president.”
- Him when he said removing Gaddafi in Libya was a “disaster,” even though he’s on a video that he recorded saying we needed to go into Libya and remove the dictator.
- That he personally witnessed “thousands” of Muslims celebrating 9/11 in the streets of New Jersey, yet every media entity on the planet that was around during that time is part of an elaborate conspiracy to conceal the footage — including Fox News.
- He never called climate change a hoax created by the Chinese (something he denied saying during a debate), even though the tweet of him saying that is right here.
- The NFL personally sent him a letter complaining about the dates of the presidential debates, even though the league instantly denied ever doing so, and Trump never produced evidence of the letter.
- The FBI was working to help get Hillary Clinton elected, until they weren’t, but then they were — but then they weren’t.
- That he only lost the popular vote because “3-5 million” people voted illegally, even though he’s yet to produce a shred of evidence to support that claim. Furthermore, for that many people to have voted illegally would have taken cooperation among thousands of people, including both Democrats and Republicans, at all levels of government — and not a single person has come forward to support his claim.
- That celebrities were fighting to get invited to his inauguration, but he didn’t want them there.
- That his inauguration crowd was really the largest in history, but the media is lying about it — even though that claim was also debunked on Fox News.
- That there’s a massive global conspiracy by media outlets in every single country to conceal terrorist attacks from being known publicly.
- Any poll, news report, or really anything negative about him is “fake.”
- Russia didn’t want him elected, even though he’s the only person who benefitted from their cyber attack.
- He has absolutely nothing to hide in the tax returns that he still refuses to release and has repeatedly lied about why he won’t release them.
- That a man who’s been sued several thousand times, including a $25 million settlement for fraud, won’t try to use the presidency to benefit his business interests he promised to divest from, but then didn’t.
- He’s going to “drain the swamp” by surrounding himself with billionaires, top donors, and Wall Street executives.
- Radical conspiracy website InfoWars, a website founded by Alex Jones (you know, the guy who said Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are literally demons who smell like death and sulfur), is a well-respected and credible source of information.
- Unemployment is really 42 percent and there are up to 30 million illegal immigrants — most of whom are rapists and criminals.
And the sad part is, there are many… many more I could have listed here, but I think I’ve made my point.
To be a Donald Trump supporter means you have to believe these unfounded and ridiculous conspiracies exist and there are massive coverups taking place involving scientists, the U.S. media, the global media, Republicans, Democrats, the NFL, U.S. intelligence agencies, Howard Stern, and literally tens of thousands of people from all over the world — or you know he’s a pathological liar and fraud who fabricates all this ridiculous nonsense, and you simple don’t care.
It’s one or the other.