Our nation is currently being led by an unhinged, incompetent madman in Donald Trump — someone who has absolutely no business being called “president.”
I don’t say that as a progressive who opposes a conservative, or a Democrat speaking out against a Republican, I say that as a human being who realizes that the current leader of the United States is completely unfit for office. As I wrote about a few weeks back, for me, this stopped being about political ideological differences long ago.
That being said, I’m a believer in putting things into perspective — even if that perspective is rather disheartening — so we can better analyze and learn from the disaster we’ve gotten ourselves into.
So I thought I’d take this moment to paint a clear picture of how embarrassing it is that Trump’s currently this nation’s “president.”
This is the humiliating reality in which we’re all currently living. The United States currently has a “president” who:
- Mocked a disabled reporter.
- Attacked the Gold Star parents of a fallen American hero.
- Belittled POWs and John McCain’s war record.
- Is a draft dodger who used blatant bigotry to tell thousands of transgender members of our military that he doesn’t believe they should have the right to serve and defend their country — something he was too much of a coward to do.
- Used a “textbook definition” of racism (Paul Ryan’s own words) in trying to slander a federal judge.
- Mocked the looks of Morning Joe co-host Mika Brzezinski, accusing her of having a face-lift.
- Once said the “bright side” of horrific terrorist attacks is his poll numbers will increase.
- Was caught on video admitting to trying to cheat on his current wife with another married woman, while also bragging about being a sexual predator.
- Said women should have expected to be sexually assaulted when they mixed males and females in the military.
- Has continuously criticized U.S. intelligence agencies while undermining their credibility, all while avoiding saying anything negative about an enemy who attacked us.
- Praised the reputation of InfoWars’ Alex Jones, someone who claimed the Sandy Hook massacre was a hoax.
- Continues to lie about why he won’t release his tax returns.
- Apparently needed the Chinese president to explain to him why dealing with North Korea is so complicated.
- Had his oldest son get caught colluding with a Kremlin-backed lawyer after denying any collusion took place for over a year.
- Has repeatedly claimed that “millions of people voted illegally” even though he’s yet to provide a single shred of evidence to support that claim.
- Settled a $25 million lawsuit that accused him of defrauding people out of thousands of dollars by creating a fake university.
- Fired the head of the FBI for not swearing “loyalty” to him and giving into his demands to end an on-going federal investigation into his campaign.
- Allowed Russia to bring electronic and photographic equipment into the Oval Office — while denying entry to any U.S. press — at the request of Vladimir Putin.
- Praised Australia’s health care system as “better than ours” — even though they have socialized health care, a system he staunchly opposes.
- Has repeatedly blamed Democrats for the inability of his party, which controls all of Congress and the White House, to get anything done — while repeatedly lying about his many “accomplishments” and how he’s gotten so much done in such a short time.
- Admitted that he was lying when he publicly threatened that he might have recorded the conversations he had with the FBI director he had just fired.
- Called the health care bill that he planned a big celebration for, and still currently wants Congress to pass, “mean.”
- Doesn’t believe in climate change, once calling it a “hoax created by the Chinese.”
- Said he could act “more presidential” than any other president in history besides Abraham Lincoln.
- Gave a hyper-partisan Hitler Youth-style speech to the Boy Scouts of America, which the head of the organization was forced to publicly apologize for.
- Has publicly bullied and mocked current Attorney General Jeff Sessions in a clear attempt to humiliate him into resigning.
- Said he didn’t know being “president” would be so hard.
- Accused former President Barack Obama of having Trump Tower wiretapped — without a single piece of evidence.
- Left his former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus on an airport tarmac just after tweeting that he had been replaced.
- Now brags about the very same economic and jobs reports that, just a year ago, he called “phony” and a “hoax.”
- Encouraged the use of police force, and not being “too nice” to suspected criminals, in comments that multiple police departments have publicly called “irresponsible.”
The list goes on and on. At this point, I feel as if I’ve forgotten more than I can remember.
But that list (and more) is the depressing reality of the current state of the United States. We’re being led by one man who’s done all of that.
Yet, sadly, that list is almost constantly growing because nearly every single day Donald Trump provides more proof as to why his “presidency” will go down as one of the most embarrassing moments in United States history.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump Calls Sgt. Johnson’s Widow a Liar Within Minutes of Her Confirming He Disrespected Her Husband (Video) - October 23, 2017
- John Kelly Has Disgraced Himself, this Country and Our Military - October 21, 2017
- New Disgusting Report Exposes Fox News as the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Cable News - October 21, 2017