People who are anti-Hillary Clinton love to point to all the “scandals” attached to her as “proof” that she’s unethical, crooked or untrustworthy. I’m quick to point out that, despite all these resources that have been spent (by both the left and the right) aimed at trying to bring her down, almost nothing her adversaries have levied against her has been true.
I’m astonished on a daily basis at how many anti-Clinton emails, tweets or messages I get from people who attack Hillary Clinton with propaganda that’s completely false.
Which brings me to the point of this article: If the facts about Hillary Clinton were really so awful, then those who oppose her wouldn’t find the need to lie so often.
Her poll numbers indicate that many people don’t view her as “honest or trustworthy” — why? Because of her email server? Really?
She made a mistake, and she’s repeatedly admitted it was a mistake. Then technically (at least according to FBI Directly James Comey) she didn’t lie when she said that there weren’t any emails marked “classified” that passed through her server. The FBI did find classified emails, but none of the ones they found were properly marked and it was reasonable for her to have not known they were classified.
If anything, the fact that she made her claim about the classified emails without knowing if the FBI would find any — only for the FBI to not find any that were properly marked — is actually proof that she’s honest. Sure, she was wrong when she said that no classified emails had passed through her server, but being wrong and lying are two completely different things. As Comey said in front of Congress, due to the fact that those emails were not properly marked, it was “reasonable” for Clinton to not have known they were classified.
Even these Clinton Foundation conspiracies are completely ridiculous. The AP had a team digging into her meetings with foundation donors and produced nothing that indicates there was any sort of “pay-for-play” scheme going on.
Furthermore, the foundation has an “A” rating from a charity watchdog organization and 88 percent of all the money raised is spent on charitable activities. That number was backed up by Charity Watch, another organization that monitors the ethical nature of how charities conduct themselves.
Plus, as I’ve written before, I think if the Clintons were going to set up some illegal international pay-for-play scheme, they would have picked something better than a foundation with their name on it where practically anyone could find out who was donating money, how much they gave and when they gave it.
Day after day I’m inundated with anti-Clinton people spewing forth all kinds of hateful rhetoric directed at her — with almost none of it actually being true. She:
- Did not issue a stand-down order during the Benghazi attack because she didn’t actually have the power to do so.
- Was not asleep when the Benghazi attack was taking place. It was actually mid-afternoon in Washington DC (where she was that day) when it occurred.
- Did not single-handedly push through a deal to send uranium to Russia, several other departments had to sign off on the deal and President Obama ultimately had the final say.
- Wasn’t lying when she said (to her knowledge) that no classified emails had passed through her server since FBI Director Comey said it was reasonable for her to have not known they were classified.
- Does not have failing health. Her doctor issued a medical report stating that she’s absolutely healthy enough to be president.
- Did not mislead the families of the Benghazi victims for weeks/months as she referred to it as a “terrorist attack” just a few days after it happened.
- Did not “rig” the Democratic primary. Bernie Sanders lost because she did much better with minority voters, especially African Americans, than he did and here are the numbers to prove that.
- Has not had anyone killed — ever.
- Isn’t one of the most dishonest politicians in the country. In fact, according to Pulitzer Prize winning Politifact, she’s just as honest as President Obama and Bernie Sanders.
- Isn’t a “shill” for Wall Street as she has exactly one pro-Wall Street vote during her eight years as a senator and actually pushed for stricter regulations on the financial industry.
- Isn’t “no better than a Republican” as she was actually ranked as the 11th most liberal senator in the Senate, higher than both President Obama and Vice President Biden.
- Didn’t create ISIS as the terror group actually formed in 2004.
- Did not willingly defend a rapist, she was ordered to by a judge after repeated attempts to be removed from the case.
There are plenty of others, but those are some of the ones I see most often used by Hillary Clinton’s detractors. I get multiple messages every single day alluding to many of the things I just listed, even though none of it’s true. In a way, this further proves my point that she is, in fact, fairly honest and trustworthy. I’m not saying she doesn’t lie (all politicians do), but the overwhelming majority of what I see anti-Clinton people use against her is nothing more than soundly debunked propaganda, conspiracies and lies.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Former RNC Chair Rips GOP for Not Publicly Condemning Trump’s Love of Russia (Video) - March 21, 2018
- CNN’s John King Slams Trump’s Spelling and Grammar: ‘Fails a Third-Grade Test’ (Video) - March 21, 2018
- Jake Tapper Hilariously Mocks Trump’s New ‘Deep State Conspiracy’ Lawyer (Video) - March 19, 2018