Republicans are beside themselves. They’re “shocked” that President Obama still remains in the White House after their made up Benghazi “scandal” backfired, and now there’s this IRS situation—which the President has come out and quickly denounced (and had nothing to do with).
Who cares if neither of these issues warrants an impeachment, Republicans are beginning to demand that the subject be mentioned. To them, Obama has been the worst, and most corrupt, President in United States history.
It’s easy to see why they feel this way: they watch Fox News. That entire network builds its platform on “Obama is scary because…”
Then the thought came into my head, “What if Obama’s first 4 years were almost identical to George W. Bush’s first 4 years?”
Just imagine if during President Obama’s first term:
- His very first election, he’s “elected” President when the United States Supreme Court overrules Florida’s Supreme Court call for a statewide recount, thus becoming President of the United States—even though he lost the popular vote.
- 8 months after he took office we experienced the worst terrorist attack in United States history, and there was solid evidence presented that he had intelligence saying that a terrorist group was planning on attack on United States soil—but did nothing.
- Video was shown of his reaction to being told that the United States was under attack, and he sat there for a few minutes with a blank look on his face—doing nothing.
- Our economy went from a balanced budget, and a budget surplus, back to deficits—every year he had been President.
- The longest period of economic growth in American history—came to an end.
- We started a war with Iraq. About 2 months after the start of the war he then decided to land on an aircraft carrier (in a flight suit) to declare “Mission Accomplished.” Yet 2 years later, over 2,000 American soldiers had died and not a single weapon of mass destruction had been found.
- 4 years after the 9/11 attack, Osama bin Ladin had still not been captured.
- Reports, and photos, of abuse by the U.S. Army against Iraqi prisoners surfaces at the Abu Ghraib prison.
- We saw 5 different attacks on American embassies.
- Attorney General John Ashcroft appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee to discuss the first leaked pieces coming to light of communication within the intelligence community about the authorization of torture on prisoners of war to extract information (Bush later admitted he authorized torture and would do it again).
- Told Iraqi insurgents to “Bring it on.”
And that’s not even everything. Those are just a few “bullet points” from Bush’s first 4 years as President.
Just imagine if President Obama did all of that—what would the likes of Fox News, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh be saying? How many investigations and impeachment hearings would Republicans be calling for?
If they’re “shocked” by some of the events that have occurred during Obama’s first 4 years, most of which had nothing to do with President Obama and were completely right-wing fabricated controversies, just imagine what they would be like if Obama pulled the same kind of crap Bush did in his first 4 years.
But we all know how they reacted to Bush’s antics. They weren’t appalled, shocked, or disgusted and they never called for an impeachment—oh, no…
They re-elected him.