It’s not very often I actually agree with something Fox News’ Tucker Carlson said, but I’m not going to claim he’s incapable of making a valid point once in a great while. Such as Thursday night when he rightfully called out the Republican hypocrisy on Donald Trump following remarks he made where he endorsed the right for police officers to ignore due process when confiscating guns from Americans.
“Now, I mean, how honest do you want to be?” Carlson asked. “Imagine if Barack Obama had said that? Just ignore due process and confiscating guns? Obama would have been denounced as a dictator.”
“We would have denounced him first, trust me,” he added. “Congress would be talking impeachment. Some would be muttering secession.”
Yeah, that’s exactly what I and many others said, too.
However, the same thing could be said for many things Trump’s said and done that these clowns would have never let Obama get away with doing.
Seriously, just imagine for a moment if, during Obama’s presidency, he had the following scandals or controversies tied to him:
- Was caught on video bragging about sexual assault.
- Mocked POWs and belittled an American hero.
- Had two different women recently come out saying that he paid them to be quiet about affairs he had on his current wife, and First Lady, just after she had given birth to their son.
- One of those payments was made just before the 2016 election.
- Refused to impose sanctions on Russia that were overwhelmingly passed by Congress.
- Fired the FBI director for not giving into his pressure to end an investigation into a national security advisor — who later went on to plead guilty to lying to the FBI.
- Had at least 16 women accusing him of sexual abuse.
- Refused to give authorization to U.S. intelligence agencies to guard us against ongoing cyber attacks by Russians.
- Used a photo taken visiting survivors of a mass shooting in an email to raise money for his re-election campaign.
- Had his oldest son, then-campaign manager, and son-in-law get busted in a secret meeting with Russians offering them dirt on a political opponent for an election we now know they were trying to undermine via their multifaceted cyber attack.
Trump has all those scandals surrounding him — and much.. much more — yet Republicans have spent the last few years acting like there’s nothing to see and none of terrible things this “president” has said or done are a big deal.
Yes, the same people who tried to make huge “scandals” out of Obama saluting Marines while he was holding a cup of coffee, wearing a tan suit, and putting his feet on the Resolute Desk are many of the same people who’ve made excuses for all the awful things linked to Donald Trump.
So, while I’d like to give Carlson a bit more credit for factually calling out a huge GOP hypocrisy concerning Trump, I can’t give him too much considering he’s been one of this “president’s” biggest cheerleaders and propaganda pushers over the last couple of years.
Although it is fairly hilarious that Trump finally crossed a line which even Tucker Carlson couldn’t b.s. a defense for when he stated his belief that law enforcement officers should have the right to ignore due process on gun confiscations.
Watch his comments below via Fox News: