After over 18 long, long… long months of a presidential election that ultimately forced millions of Americans to endure Donald freaking Trump in our news nearly 24/7, the day is finally here. Millions of Americans are heading to the polls on the final day of voting to elect our next president — or possibly our first dictator.
Trump’s success most definitely should have taught all of us to “never say never,” but I’m not sure if we’ll ever see an election quite like this one again. I really do hope that once this is all said and done, there’s a “reckoning” of sorts between Democrats and the few remaining sane Republicans who can agree to come together for the betterment of all of us. I’m not going to act like I can predict the future, but I know one thing for certain: As a country, we cannot keep going down this hyper-partisan rabbit hole of obstruction, hate and lies fueled by radicals, fanatics and conspiracy theorists on both sides.
If we do, we’re going to destroy ourselves.
However, with one last day to encourage people to realize how dangerous a possible “President Trump” will be for not only this country, but the entire planet, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert united on Monday to encourage people to get out and vote. Their other main focus was to emphasize that any “protest vote,” or apathetic decision to not vote at all, is basically a “vote” for Donald Trump.
The really entertaining — and obviously hilarious — musical skit even had a surprise appearance by Hamilton’s Javier Munoz who reminded everyone that people actually died for our right to vote, and that each and every election is a part of American history that we shouldn’t take for granted.
Clearly the point of the segment was to emphasize to the country that, as Jon Stewart so eloquently put it, the “angry, tax and draft-dodging little orange groundhog” known as Donald Trump needs to be soundly rejected.
This isn’t just an election to select our next president, the very soul of this country is on the line. Are we:
- Going to fail to stand up against the racism, bigotry, prejudice and hate that’s going all-in with its last grasp to tear apart decades of progress people have literally died trying to bring to this country. – or –
- Going to rise up, come together and defeat the most dangerous threat – and closest thing to an outright dictator – that we’ve ever seen make it this close to the White House.
I guess we’re all about to find out the answer to that very soon.
Watch the segment below via CBS:
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Even if Trump Didn’t Collude with Russia, There’s Another Major Reason He Should be Impeached - December 16, 2017
- Here are Some Numbers That Will Send Trump and His Hardcore Supporters into a Rage Spiral - December 15, 2017
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Embarrasses Republican Congressman Trying to Slander Robert Mueller (Video) - December 15, 2017