We’re truly living in strange times where rules no longer seem to matter, indisputable reality is often called “fake news,” and we have a “presidential administration” that is, without a doubt, the most inept and incompetent in our nation’s history.
It’s also a time where it’s apparently acceptable for a fool like Kellyanne Conway to claim that Donald Trump’s not obsessed about Hillary Clinton, but that he’s “forced” to keep talking about her.
“I know people love to talk about how we’re so obsessed with Hillary Clinton here,” Conway said during an interview on Fox & Friends. “The fact is we only have to talk about her because people won’t let go of an election that she lost miserably. And if she’s going to be an ungracious loser and people continue to talk about the 2016 election in light of the dossier, in light of this ridiculous Russian collusion.”
She was referencing an interview she did with CNN’s Chris Cuomo where he mocked the fact that she brought up Clinton’s name while insisting that “nobody cares about her” and “nobody talks about her.”
Oh, the irony of it all.
For starters, the fact that she has the gall to say that Clinton’s an “ungracious loser” is absurd. This is someone who works for a man who was preparing to contest the results of the election as “rigged” if he lost, who still, to this day, refuses to admit that he lost the popular vote by nearly three million votes.
Conway can spin all of this however she likes, but the fact remains Trump’s obsessed with Clinton largely because, deep down, he knows more people voted for her and that he only won the electoral college because he got a lot of help from Russia.
However, Conway’s idiocy wasn’t done. She then went on to repeat the preposterous claim she made on CNN that “no one at the White House talks about Hillary Clinton” and her name is only mentioned when they’re “forced to.”
I’m not sure what’s worse, the fact Conway was able to say this nonsense with a straight face, or that there are millions of people who actually believe it.
Days or weeks will go by without Clinton’s name being brought up in any significant way concerning anything she’s said or done that’s noteworthy. Meanwhile, I’m sure if I went through Trump’s many… many Twitter rants, as well as his speeches, he hasn’t gone more than a few days without mentioning her.
This is just more of the same from this administration and the delusional way in which they try to present reality. To claim that Trump, or the conservative media, for that matter, is “forced” to bring up Clinton is absurd.
Hillary Clinton has nothing to do with:
- The long list of people linked to Trump who’ve been caught concealing and lying about contact with Russians.
- The fact Steve Bannon viewed Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer promising dirt on her as “treasonous.”
- The fact two people linked to Trump have already pled guilty for lying to the FBI about their contact with Russians.
- Trump’s continued refusal to condemn Russia for their cyber attack against last year’s election.
- The fact this “president” has continually pushed unfounded conspiracies against Robert Mueller, the FBI, the Department of Justice, and James Comey.
- Trump firing former head of the FBI James Comey for apparently not giving into his pressure to end the on-going investigation into his campaign’s possible ties to Russia.
The bottom line is, the reason why Trump, his administration, and the conservative media are obsessed with Clinton is because they know it gets their supporters worked up and distracted from how awful, incompetent, and corrupt he is.
As has been said many times before, when Donald Trump became “president,” his supporters lost, too — they’re just too ignorant to realize it.
Watch the video below via Fox News:
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Karl Rove’s Advice to Donald Trump: Stop Acting Like You’re Guilty (Video) - April 23, 2018
- Top Fox News Legal Analyst: Comey’s Memos Weren’t Classified but are Damning for Trump if True (Video) - April 23, 2018
- Kellyanne Conway Flips Out When CNN’s Dana Bash Asks Her About Husband’s Anti-Trump Stance - April 23, 2018