It’s been obvious since Ted Cruz was elected to the Senate in 2012 that he was only using that position to set up his real goal of running for president. In his short time in the Senate, Cruz has quickly risen through the ranks to become possibly the most ridiculous and dishonest senator in Congress.
And now that he’s made his announcement official, it’s time for the circus to begin.
I’ve gone on record as saying Cruz’s campaign is probably going to go down as one of the most absurd in United States history. I joked with a friend the other day that fact-checking sites are going to have to hire new employees and devote entire groups of people to research all the nonsense and lies that are assuredly going to accompany every campaign speech he gives. And while I said it as a joke, it’s probably true.
Just look at his record on fact-checking site Politifact. They’ve fact-checked dozens of his statements and the only one they’ve found to be completely true was about government regulations on toilets.
In fact, let’s take a look at some of the most ridiculous things Cruz has done over these last couple of years:
- Recently he publicly threw his support behind the repeal of a federal law – that does not exist.
- A little over a week ago, his rhetoric was so sensationalized and over-the-top that it actually startled a small child in attendance.
- Also this month, a NASA administrator had to explain basic science to him, even though he’s the chair of the Senate Commerce Subcommittee on Space, Science and Competitiveness.
- We can’t forget about the time he gave an anti-Obamacare speech… in front of an organization that supports the law.
- Or when he was trying to issue an attack against President Obama and Hillary Clinton, but instead ended up proving that trickle-down economics doesn’t work.
- Then there was when he tried talking about net neutrality, yet only managed to showcase that he has absolutely no idea what the term actually means.
- And the time last year when he was booed offstage at a Christian event.
- He also once laughably claimed that Democrats were working on trying to repeal the First Amendment.
- Let’s also not forget the time he told a crowd that he didn’t want to see the government have to be shut down – and they flat-out laughed at him.
And that’s just Cruz himself. That doesn’t even include comments made by his father, such as when the elder Cruz said there’s nothing scientific about evolution (claiming it goes “hand in hand with communism”), or that we needed to send President Obama back to Kenya.
But Cruz’s eagerness to jump into the presidential race only serves to underscore just how delusional this man is. In just about every credible poll that’s been done he’s not anywhere near the top, despite the fact that he’s essentially been campaigning for the last 2+ years. Cruz has absolutely no chance at becoming president – none.
While he’s very popular among far-right conservatives, past polls have shown that the more people get to know Cruz on a national level, the more they dislike him. Hell, even many members of his own party can’t stand him. Since the infamous government shutdown a few years ago, he’s mostly been shunned by a majority of Congress – Democrats and Republicans alike.
So, while his candidacy is not a shock to anyone, I can promise the American people one thing: his announcement officially kicks off one of the biggest political circuses this nation will ever witness.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Republican ex-congressman Joe Walsh: We Have a ‘Right to Attack’ Widow of Sgt. La David Johnson - October 24, 2017
- To Everyone Who Opposes Trump: Please Stop Asking This Question About His Supporters - October 23, 2017
- Trump Calls Sgt. Johnson’s Widow a Liar Within Minutes of Her Confirming He Disrespected Her Husband (Video) - October 23, 2017