If there’s one thing Donald Trump’s first big trip abroad confirmed, it’s that nobody is going to take the United States seriously as long as he’s in office. I’m sure most folks reading this already knew that, but his first international trip was the confirmation we needed to validate our belief.
Until Trump’s gone from office — be it by impeachment, resignation, or losing in 2020 — the rest of the world isn’t going to pay much attention to the United States unless they have to. That or when they’re laughing at something incompetent Trump has said or done.
As long as Trump’s in office, our allies aren’t going to trust us and our enemies are going to take advantage of the fact that this country is being led by someone who’s mentally unfit and completely unqualified to be “president.”
The only “power” Trump has is the influence being “President” of the United States brings with it. Influence that wanes every day he’s living in the White House. While that’s significant, that’s entirely different than being someone our allies respect and our enemies fear. The only real “wins” Trump’s going to get are instances where another nation’s leader will try to appease him (usually by knowing they can easily manipulate him) hoping to prevent some sort of international incident because he’s too inept to understand the ramifications of screaming and yelling at world leaders like he’s still on The Apprentice.
Then again, why should many of these other foreign heads of state take Trump seriously? Just because his supporters refuse to believe how terrible and weak he is as a leader, that doesn’t mean they have to believe in those same delusions and lies.
These other world leaders know that Trump:
- Was rejected by 54 percent of Americans.
- Lost to Hillary Clinton by 3 million votes.
- Is under investigation for possibly committing treason.
- Only “won” because he got help from Russia.
- Isn’t even respected by his own party.
- Has an approval rating lower than any other president in modern history has had at the same point in their presidency.
- Built his campaign based on making promises that pandered to the most popular comments on your typical right-wing blog they knew weren’t realistic.
- Is an imbecile who has no idea how government works.
- Isn’t a mentally sound or competent individual.
- Isn’t very intelligent.
- Won’t likely serve out his full four years in office.
They know all of this. So there’s no reason for most of them to view him as a legitimate “president” when they, like many of us here in the United States, don’t view him as one. Just like millions of Americans here realize that Clinton received more votes and he only “won” because he got a ton of help via a highly-sophisticated cyber attack launched by the Russians against his political opponent.
Even when he gives these big speeches like he did recently about NATO, these other leaders know he has no idea what he’s talking about. They’ve caught on that his incoherent ramblings are those of a fool who’s too stupid to understand that he’s the dumbest person in the room — not the smartest.
So they’re going to do what the majority of Americans are doing: sit back, watch Trump self-implode, and just hope that once he is finally out of office, the damage he’s caused isn’t anything a competent leader can’t easily fix.
Donald Trump’s a disgrace, and as long as he’s in charge of this country, nobody’s going to take the United States seriously.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- John Kelly Has Disgraced Himself, this Country and Our Military - October 21, 2017
- New Disgusting Report Exposes Fox News as the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Cable News - October 21, 2017
- For the Second Time, Trump Accuses Family of Fallen Hero Sgt. La David Johnson of Lying - October 20, 2017