As most people who follow me know, I tend not to hold back when it comes to expressing how I feel about Donald Trump supporters. I’m sorry, but I can’t respect anyone who’s ignorant or naive enough to support such a vile, disgusting, pathological-lying con man.
So it should come as no surprise that I can’t help but laugh at some of his supporters “turning” on him — because he’s being exactly who he’s always been. Anyone who’s ignorant enough to believe anything that comes out of his mouth deserves all the mocking and ridicule people throw at them when something he does screws them over and proves how terrible he is.
If that makes me a bad person, then so be it. My stance is that their support for Trump has put all of our lives at risk, so I don’t feel too terrible telling them “I told you so” whenever he proves that his critics are right to loathe and oppose him.
After he ordered the launching of 59 Tomahawk missiles into Syria, the alt-right/nationalist factions of his support began to fracture some. After all his “America first, we need to stay out of the Middle East” rhetoric during his campaign — in less than three months in office — he ordered an airstrike in Syria. A rather interesting move considering, back 2013, he frequently criticized President Obama for seeking congressional authorization to do the very same thing following a chemical weapons attack launched by Bashar al-Assad that killed far more people than the one Trump said “crossed many, many lines” with him.
Then again, why should anyone be shocked that he did this? As I said earlier, you had to be a fool to believe anything Trump says. This is someone who frequently criticized the war in Iraq, and attacked Hillary Clinton for supporting the removal of Gaddafi in Libya — when he’s on tape saying he supported the war in Iraq and said we needed to remove Gaddafi.
The truth is, it’s not really his fault these supporters who seem to be “souring on him” didn’t listen to those of us who frequently pointed out that he’s nothing more than a pathological liar who can’t be trusted and a con artist who simply tells people what he thinks they want to hear. He doesn’t try to hide how terrible he is. It’s their fault for refusing to believe, or just not caring about, the truth.
Raw Story put together a list from several alt-right heroes declaring their newfound disgust for Trump. While most of their whining about Trump centered around his “globalist” act of launching 59 Tomahawk missiles into Syria, some stems from reports that alt-right legend Steve Bannon is on the outs with the administration.
Hmm, if only there had been millions of people who knew you couldn’t trust anything Trump said; that he’d almost certainly authorize some form of military strikes or start a war; that his campaign promises weren’t realistic; and the egos of Trump and Bannon would eventually clash.
Oh, wait — there was.
The only people who seemed shocked by how terrible Trump is, or that he goes back on his word about something, are people who were foolish enough to believe him in the first place.
Donald Trump is still the same guy who:
- Said he was going to make Mexico pay for his wall.
- Promised he’d prosecute Hillary Clinton.
- Pledged he’d release his tax returns.
- Attacked President Obama for golfing.
- Criticized President Obama for traveling to Hawaii on Christmas.
- Said the taxpayers were spending too much money for Obama to fly around the country instead of staying in Washington.
- Said his health care plan would make plans cheaper, better, and provide coverage for more people.
- Accused the Obama administration of lacking transparency.
- Claimed that he “hires the best people.”
- Said China was the “king of currency manipulation.”
- Professed his belief that NATO was “obsolete.”
- Called Obama stupid and a fool for wanting to use the military to respond to Bashar al-Assad using chemical weapons against civilians.
- Frequently talked about the importance of the “First 100 Days” of a presidency, drafting a “Contract with the American Voter” of things he promised to do during his first few weeks in office.
Except, the reality is that Donald Trump is the guy who:
- Has no way to make Mexico pay for his wall.
- Almost immediately after the election admitted that he wasn’t going to push to prosecute Hillary Clinton.
- Still won’t release his tax returns.
- Has gone golfing at least 13 times (and counting) since being sworn in when, at this point in Obama’s presidency, the former president had gone golfing exactly zero times.
- Thus far has spent seven of his first 13 weekends in office at his Mar-a-Lago resort.
- Is on pace to spend more taxpayer dollars on “extracurricular expenses” (vacations, family security, travel not related to White House duties) during his first year in office than taxpayers spent during Obama’s entire eight years as president.
- Trumpcare turned out to be nothing more than a “health care plan” that would have increased costs, made coverage worse, gutted Medicaid, and took insurance away from millions.
- Just announced that the White House will no longer disclose logs detailing everyone who visits the White House — a policy Barack Obama instituted to provide transparency so that the American people would know which lobbyists, donors, and other people were seeking an audience with Trump or people within his administration.
- Has already had his top national security advisor resign; has several members of his campaign under FBI investigation; has a press secretary who frequently makes an absolute fool out of himself; seems to have drastically marginalized the role of Kellyanne Conway after the media began mocking her ridiculousness; apparently wants to replace White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus; and apparently is pushing top strategist Steve Bannon out — and he hasn’t even been in office 100 days.
- Admitted China isn’t manipulating currency.
- Recently said that NATO isn’t obsolete.
- Launched a military airstrike against Syria following Bashar al-Assad using chemical weapons against civilians.
- Is now downplaying the significance of the first 100 days of a presidency because he literally didn’t accomplish a single thing on his “Contract with the American voter” he said he’d have accomplished within his first few weeks in office.
Like I said, the only people who should be shocked by anything Trump says or does are those who were naive enough to actually trust the con man.
The truth is, when some of these supporters “turn” on Donald Trump, the only thing that’s happening is they’re finally realizing he is exactly who he’s always been.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- NBA’s Gregg Popovich Rips Into ‘Soulless Coward’ Trump’s Disrespect for Slain Soldiers - October 16, 2017
- On Monday, Trump Continued His Appalling Pattern of Disrespect Toward Our Country and Military - October 16, 2017
- Fox News’ Latest Desperate Attack on Hillary Clinton Reaches a New Low - October 16, 2017