If you’ve followed me for any amount of time it’s highly likely that you know I’m a bit of a “polling nerd.” I’ve always found it fascinating what the data contained in many of these polls and surveys can tell us about various issues, politics, or society as a whole.
Such as a recent poll done by Public Policy Polling that exposed the unprecedented ignorance and hypocrisy of the typical Donald Trump supporter.
Here are a few tidbits from this recent PPP poll. Of his supporters:
- 85% approve of the job he’s doing.
- 86% don’t think he tried to obstruct justice.
- 77% think he’s honest.
- 13% think he’s a liar.
- 35% support Trumpcare.
- 75% think Trump has “made America great again.”
- 21% think candidates should be required to release tax returns.
- 20% have a favorable view of Russia, 31% aren’t sure.
- 15% have a favorable view of Putin, 23% aren’t sure.
- 64% oppose an independent Russia investigation.
- 44% think Russia wanted Hillary Clinton to win, only 26% think Russia wanted him to be “president.”
- 81% don’t think his campaign colluded with Russia.
- 77% think Trump should stay in office even if it’s proven he colluded with Russia, only 16% think he should resign of that happens.
- 32% don’t believe Donald Trump Jr. had a meeting with a Russian lawyer to get dirt on Hillary Clinton, 24% aren’t sure.
- 72% say the Russia story is “fake news.”
- 47% believe Republicans are more concerned about finding out the truth about Trump and Russia than protecting him, 40% aren’t sure.
- 70% disapprove of Congress.
The fact that only 49 percent of his supporters have a negative view of Russia, while only 62 percent view Putin unfavorably, is a testament to just how naive they are about the serial-killing Russian tyrant.
I also like how 64 percent oppose an independent investigation into Trump’s ties to Russia. If they don’t believe there’s anything there (as evidenced by the 72 percent who think it’s all “fake news”) then why would they oppose an independent investigation that would prove Trump’s “innocence”?
Though, without a doubt, the two parts that stood out to me the most were the 77 percent who would want him to stay in office even if it’s determined that he did commit treason by colluding with an enemy that attacked us to undermine our democracy, and the 32 percent who don’t think Trump Jr. had a meeting with a Russian lawyer to get dirt on Clinton despite the fact that he’s admitted that he did!
That’s slightly more than three out of every four Trump supporters saying they’d be okay with a president committing treason, while right around one out of three deny an event occurred that Trump’s son admitted took place.
Supporters of Donald Trump live in their own delusional reality, which is exactly why possibly the most dishonest person to ever run for office managed to con nearly 63 million people into thinking he should be “president.”
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Tapper Lays Out a Key Argument for Why Many Believe Trump’s Being Blackmailed by Russia (Video) - March 22, 2018
- GOP Senator Hammers Trump for Making the U.S. Look Weak with Call to Congratulate Putin (Video) - March 21, 2018
- Former RNC Chair Rips GOP for Not Publicly Condemning Trump’s Love of Russia (Video) - March 21, 2018