While the rise of Donald Trump within the Republican party has proven many things liberals have been saying about conservatives for decades, the fact that the so-called “party for Christian values” nominated him has undoubtedly proven the hypocrisy and ignorance of the “religious right.”
In my opinion, you simply cannot call yourself both a Donald Trump supporter and a Christian. That’s like someone saying they’re a vegetarian who loves a nice big ribeye steak.
During the Republican primary, conservative voters actually had three legitimate hardcore religious candidates in Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee and Sen. Ted Cruz — yet they nominated the least Christian candidate of the entire GOP field. Furthermore, when it came to the coveted “evangelical vote,” Trump won that as well. So, even the supposedly “most Christian” conservatives chose an adulterer who’s been divorced twice and has five children from three different women.
Just think about this for a moment. Donald Trump has:
- Had at least one affair.
- Been divorced twice.
- Is on his third marriage.
- Called women fat pigs.
- Had a company that was busted discriminating against minorities.
- Tweeted anti-African American propaganda made by a white nationalist group.
- Spent much of his campaign calling his opponents childish names like “Little” Marco, “Crooked” Hillary, “Lyin'” Ted, and “Crazy” Bernie.
- Belittled Gold Star parents of a fallen American hero.
- Mocked a man with disabilities.
- Degraded the war record of Sen. John McCain and all POWs.
- Called most Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals.
- Exploited the tragic death of an African American woman in Chicago to claim that’s why black voters will support him.
- Advocated his belief that men have the right to sexually assault women by grabbing them “by the p—y.”
- Admitted attempting to have at least one other affair the same year he married his current wife Melania.
- Tried slandering and attacking cable news morning talk show host by alleging that she had a face-lift.
- Settled a fraud lawsuit for $25 million that accused him of creating a fake university aimed at defrauding Americans out of tens of thousands of dollars.
- Rejects refugees, most of whom are women and children, desperately fleeing for their lives from war-torn Syria.
- Pushed for the passage of a health care bill that would strip away insurance from 22 million Americans, especially from the sick, poor, and elderly.
- Said there some “fine people” among the white nationalists, the KKK, and Nazis who marched on Charlottesville after initially refusing to condemn these groups by name.
- Pardoned a blatant racist who was found guilty of ignoring a judge’s order to stop violating the Constitutional rights of Americans.
- Signed an order banning transgender Americans from having the right to defend their country — something he was too much of a coward to do.
He’s done all of that — and plenty more — yet millions of people who call themselves “followers of Jesus Christ” support him.
You simply cannot call yourself a Christian who’s supposedly someone who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ while supporting a lowlife like Donald Trump.
The Republican Party had a massive selection of candidates from which to choose during the GOP’s primary, and the most vile, disgusting and non Christ-like candidate ran away with the party’s nomination in record-setting fashion.
The most deplorable presidential candidate in modern political history broke a record for number of votes received running as the candidate for the party that proclaims itself a beacon “for true Christian values.”
It’s absolutely ridiculous.
Trump’s rise has proven, once and for all, that there’s almost nothing Christian about the GOP. When these self-proclaimed supporters of “Christian values” had a chance to rebuke one of the most non-Christian candidates we’ve ever seen run for president, not only did they not soundly reject him — they overwhelmingly and enthusiastically embraced him.
I’m not going to say that there aren’t any actual Christians who support the Republican party, but I will say that there’s no way you can support someone like Donald Trump while calling yourself a Christian — because there’s absolutely nothing Christian about him.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Trump’s Biggest ‘Accomplishment’ is Taking Credit for Obama’s Economy - January 19, 2018
- A Message to Any Fool Trying to Blame Democrats for a Possible Government Shutdown - January 19, 2018
- Donald Trump Should Be Embarrassed After Farcical ‘Fake News Awards’ Spectacularly Backfire - January 19, 2018