Before the election, I wrote an article that touched on some of the same points I’m going to talk about here. However, I felt as if it needed a bit of a “refresh,” of sorts, based on the absolute chaos we’ve seen since Donald Trump was sworn into office on January 20, 2017.
The words I used at the beginning of that article ring as true now as they did when I first wrote them:
There’s not even a shred of sane or rational logic anyone can use to defend Donald Trump.
Say what you want about him, and there’s plenty to say, but Trump knew what he was talking about when, over a year ago, he said his supporters were mindless sheep who’ll support him no matter what.
Sure, his approval numbers have hit historic lows, and most of the country thinks he’s doing a piss-poor job as “Commander-in-Chief,” but the overwhelming majority of Republicans still fully support him.
As I’ve said before, I don’t think most of his supporters care if he did collude with Russia during the election. He could admit he worked with Putin to undermine the integrity of our democracy and the vast majority of Republicans would still probably support him.
His supporters can’t even defend his campaign promises anymore considering we now know they were total bullshit. Mexico’s not paying for his border wall, he’s not going to prosecute Hillary Clinton, and the health care plan he supports isn’t anything that he said it would be prior to getting “elected.”
And just like I wrote several months ago, at this point, if you’re still a supporter of Donald Trump, here’s what you really are: You’re someone who’s cemented your place in history as an individual who we’re all going to look back upon with disgust and shame because you were ignorant enough to support the most corrupt, dishonest, vile, and incompetent “president” in United States history.
This is a man who’s:
- Mocked a man with disabilities.
- Attacked the parents of a fallen American hero.
- Belittled POWs and the war record of Sen. John McCain.
- Lied about how much money he raised for veterans.
- Called a former Miss Universe “disgusting” and fat, telling his Twitter followers to find her non-existent sex tape.
- Accused an American-born federal judge of being unfit to do his job because of his Mexican heritage.
- Likely avoided paying taxes for nearly two decades.
- Called most Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals, even though that’s not remotely factual.
- Lied about seeing “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey on 9/11.
- Lied about getting a letter from the NFL complaining about the debate schedule.
- Tried to exploit the death of an African American woman in Chicago to say that’s why black voters will support him.
- Found the “bright side” to tragedies because his poll numbers tend to go up.
- Settled with the Department of Justice after his company was found guilty of racially discriminating against minorities.
- Has cheated on at least one wife.
- Was discovered on video admitting that he not only tried to cheat on his current wife, but he attempted to do so with another married woman.
- Had his first wife publicly say that he did nothing when it came to raising their children until they were old enough to talk business.
- Tweeted that women should have expected to be sexually assaulted when they mixed males and females together in the military.
- Said he wants to target the families of terrorists.
- Stated that he wants to ban an entire religion.
- Praised a Russian president who obviously hates the U.S. and Americans.
- Encouraged the Russian government to commit espionage against Americans.
- Insinuated that another Republican’s wife was ugly.
- Tried to implicate another Republican’s father in JFK’s assassination.
- Sought out the help of former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes after he was fired following multiple allegations that he had sexually harassed women for years.
- Made Breitbart’s Steve Bannon one of his top campaign people.
- Had a former campaign manager abruptly resign after a report came out linking him to pro-Russian groups that were directly trying to undermine U.S. policy in eastern Europe.
- Called Carly Fiorina ugly.
- Has said climate change was a hoax created by the Chinese — then denied saying it.
- Was a leading conspiracy theorist when it came to the racist-driven birther conspiracies against President Obama.
- Dismissed nearly eight years of accusing the president of not being an American with a less than 30 second statement where he didn’t apologize for any of it.
- Tried to blame Hillary Clinton for his racism.
- Re-tweeted anti-African American propaganda created by a white supremacy group.
- Played dumb about knowing who former Grand Wizard of the KKK David Duke was.
- Skipped a presidential debate because he was scared of a moderator.
- Has, on several occasions, suggested he finds his daughter attractive.
- Called a husband doing things like changing diapers and helping with the children, a man “trying to be the wife.”
- Has said he wants more countries to have nuclear weapons.
- Said he can’t release his tax returns because they’re currently being audited — even though the IRS said that’s a lie.
- Feels he has the right to sexually assault women.
- Lied, in the face of indisputable photographic evidence, about the size of his inauguration crowd.
- Continues to push the unfounded conspiracy that “millions of people voted illegally” because his ego can’t handle the fact Clinton received 3 million more votes than he did.
- Disgraced the CIA’s monument to fallen agents by talking about his electoral college victory.
- After frequently criticizing President Obama for playing golf, has spent nearly half his weekends since being sworn into office playing golf at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
- On pace to cost taxpayers more on “extracurricular” expenses during his first 365 days in office than we spent on Obama during his 2,921 days as president.
- Settled a $25 million lawsuit accusing him of purposely creating a fake university to scam people out of money.
- Has already broken most of his biggest campaign promises.
- Fired the head of the FBI for apparently not “swearing loyalty” and doing what he wanted in regards to the on-going investigations looking into his campaign’s ties to Russians.
- Then threatened the former head of the FBI just after firing him in an attempt to intimidate him from speaking out publicly.
- Pushed an unfounded conspiracy against Barack Obama, accusing him of ordering unconstitutional wiretaps placed in Trump Tower — without providing a shred of evidence to back it up.
- Seems to have been working with the head of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Devin Nunes, to undermine congressional investigations into his possible Russian connections.
- Had said, despite promising to do so, he doesn’t plan to ever release his tax returns.
- Said he didn’t know being “president” would be so hard.
- Apparently needed the president of China to explain to him why dealing with North Korea is complicated.
- Signed two travel bans against Muslims that were overturned as unconstitutional.
- Allowed state-run Russian media to bring electronic and photographic equipment into the Oval Office — while denying entry to any U.S. press — at the request of Vladimir Putin.
- Said his surrogates shouldn’t be held accountable for the dishonest or contradictory things they say.
- Admitted Australia, which has universal health care, has better health care than we do, then doubled-down on those comments, yet still supports a bill that’s almost the complete opposite of their system.
- Months after the election, continues to bring it up the electoral college, even hanging a large printout of it on a wall in the White House.
- Didn’t mention the Jewish people once during his speech on International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
- Blamed Democrats for the initial failure of the House of Representatives being able to pass Trumpcare — even though Republicans have a 44-seat majority.
- Is now bragging about the very same jobs reports he called “fake” and “phony” prior to taking office.
- Continues to call the talk about the investigations into his connections to Russia “FAKE NEWS!” even though the FBI has publicly admitted these investigations are, in fact, real.
- Has the lowest approval rating for a president this early into their presidency — in history.
- Admitted he lied when he publicly threatened that he might have recorded his conversations with the former head of the FBI he had just fired — in a clear attempt to intimidate James Comey into not speaking out about what the two men had discussed.
- Apparently doesn’t understand what “collusion” or “obstruction” actually mean.
- Called the very same health care plan he publicly celebrated and said he supports “mean.”
- Launched a disgusting attack against “low I.Q” MSNBC’s Mika Brzeninski, accusing her of “bleeding badly from a face-lift” when he saw her back in January, while calling her co-host Joe Scarborough, and former U.S. congressman, “psycho.”
- Has pushed us closer to WIII by using irresponsible language where he seemed to be threatening nuclear war against North Korea. (added 8/16/17)
- On a 17-day vacation told Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell that the senator needed to get back to work. (added 8/16/17)
- Initially, when he spoke about violence and domestic terrorism that broke out in Charlottesville, Virginia — he refused to specifically condemn, by name, white supremacists, the KKK, or Nazis — instead saying “many sides” were to blame. (added 8/16/17)
- Took two days before he finally condemned these hate groups by name — only to, the very next day, walk back those comments, once again saying “both sides” were to blame. Comments that were praised by David Duke and other white supremacists who applauded Trump for also blaming the people who showed up to oppose Nazis, white nationalism, and the KKK as “part of the problem.” (added 8/16/17)
- During his first visit to Texas following Hurricane Harvey, he bragged about the size of the crowd of victims of the storm that showed up to hear him speak — yet didn’t speak directly with any of them. (added 9/5/17)
- Cowardly used the distraction Hurricane Harvey was creating to pardon blatant racist Joe Arpaio, then claimed he chose that Friday because he wanted the announcement to get better ratings since people were watching television to get updates on the deadly storm. (added 9/5/17)
- Used Hurricane Harvey to distract people from his official signing of his ban on transgender Americans being allowed to serve in the military. (added 9/5/17)
- Announced he was ending DACA, a program that temporarily protects DREAMers from being deported. These are immigrants who were brought here as children, most of whom know no other country as home. Even many Republicans have condemned this move as wrong and cruel. (added 9/5/17)
One man has done all of that, and much more.
I’m no mental health expert and I’m not involved in the medical field at all. But based on what I’ve read and can plainly see about Donald Trump, he exhibits nearly every characteristic linked to a sociopath. He:
- Doesn’t believe the rules or laws apply to him.
- Seems to have no concern about the consequences of his actions.
- Is impulsive.
- Shows frequent signs of being reckless.
- Is unpredictable.
- Lacks morals.
- Is a narcissist.
- Has proven to be hot-tempered and a bit of a loose cannon.
- Lacks empathy or sympathy for others.
- Is manipulative to get what he wants.
- Almost never apologizes.
- Often invents outrageous lies about his success or experiences.
- Seems to believe that what he says is the truth, even if it isn’t.
He is essentially the textbook definition of a sociopath. However, despite the fact that he exhibits all of these signs without shame, millions of people support him.
Again, I’m not a mental health professional, but I don’t think you need to be one to see that there’s clearly something not right with Trump. This type of unhinged behavior is not normal.
So, at this point, after all that Donald Trump has said and done and factoring in the campaign promises he’s already broken, if you still support him, you’ve done nothing more than carved out your spot as someone we will all look back upon with disgust and humiliation that there were so many people like you who eagerly supported one of the most shameful embarrassments in United States history.
*EDITOR’S NOTE*: By popular demand, this article will be frequently updated to keep up with everything awful Donald Trump says and does. When updated. a notation with the date the information was added will be included as well.
Latest posts by Allen Clifton (see all)
- Time to Discuss an Unfortunate Trait That Both Progressives and Conservatives Share - September 24, 2017
- Here’s the Sad Reality About the War of Words Between Trump and Kim Jong-Un - September 24, 2017
- Without a Doubt, Saturday Was One of the Weakest Days of Trump’s Presidency - September 23, 2017